Vote user group members off the island? ;) (Read 2113 times)

The leader board backfired and should be removed or modified. The whole idea of the group, at least to me, was to build consistency not getting there first (now who's talking, I'm one of those on the leader board, but I'm soon going to be bumped out.) So be the tortoise not the hare! (kinda funny that the bunny is acting more like the tortoise Wink ) - R
    JakeKnight

I have no time for stray dogs that can howl at the moon but are too afraid to make the jump. Make up your mind what group you want to belong to and commit to it. I know everyone wants to spend lots of time with me, but if you are in more than one pace group you are letting your fear of failure show. When I sense fear, it only makes me more relentless when setting the pace. Doing away with the leaderboard is a limp-wristed idea that makes me feel the urge to vomit (or maybe I was already feeling that way- damn stale beer). Stop your whining and worry about chasing me. Start your own restricted club and make up your own rules. Tell people how far they are allowed to run, and kick them out if they dare to push themselves further.
      For the record, I am *NOT* the mysterious Pace Bunny. But I'd definitely hang out with him and have a few beers. Especially if he knows Jessica Alba. Preach on, rabbit. (And I think I know your alter-ego now, pal. You sure ain't who I guessed you were)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Forgive me, oh ye forum gods, for I have sinned. I did not mean to start a long debate when simply asking about a "remove user feature." Not only did I sin, I was also mistaken by wanting to exclude high-mileage high school brats I mean runners who do not belong on the bunny hill. I recognize now that they do not read the forums. And if I am able to inflate their shrivelled little egos, my running logs are going to a good cause. I am repenting by inviting anyone, regardless of how many miles he or she runs in a day, to join my public island. I will not go so far as to invite the under-18ers to my private island. I will save the bunny-strip shows and mai tais for runners over 18.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Forgive me, oh ye forum gods, for I have sinned.
          Shame on you for having an opinion and expressing it! Only specific people are allowed to do that in these forums! You have to be on this list here :: brandishes list:: in order to express an opinion. And, as you can see... :: checks list absentmindedly:: ... oh. You're on the list. Very good then. Carry on. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Cryptic

seriously does no one else just want to dance. Why am I always the only one. To think we have all these ladies on the board and none of them just want to dance. What a shame! Drama warning Drama oh and btw is it just me of does the SEC just own!
            sabershooter

I have no time for stray dogs that can howl at the moon but are too afraid to make the jump.
              I did not think to look in the suggestions topic for such a lively conversation. I also did not know the pace bunny was such a self-important @ss, but I guess it fits the picture. I vote to kick out the pace bunny. He is on the leader board n every group! Big grin I really don't have an opinion on the topic, but I would be dissappointed if the bar graph was removed. I like the visual representation of me against the bunny as we approach the finish line. --- When I say bar graph, I'm not specifically talking about the leader board. I don't care if it stays or goes, but I think it does make things a little more competitive for some people. ---
              sabershooter

I would just add that I know that writing code for this site is time consuming and often troublesome. It is such an awesome site, I would hate too kill the creator's enthusiasm with one request after another. So I can live with things just as they are now. But it would be nice if posts were presented in the order of most recent to oldest Wink
                Regina

Ok, I have planned my training for the next six months. This schedule considers the time that I have for running during a week, the limits of my body, and my objectives in terms of races and speed for the next season. I will run a higher mileage now, during the winter. When the race period starts I will decrease my milage to allow for tapering and recovery. This plan is quite rigid with respect to the upper limits. No pace bunny - or whoever tries - will be able to make me run more. I don't want to risk over-training. And I don't want to get injured. And also, it's not mileage alone that improves your performance. There are other important things, too ... So I'm open only for adjustments to lower mileages in case of illness, family constraints or job demands. Which means that in reality I don't need the pace bunny. And I also don't need the 1500 Miles Club. How many miles I will run this year will depend on factors that they can't influence. But I like both, the bunny and the club!! And I would like to keep the bar graph, too. I would like to compare mine with that of the bunny and with those of other runners doing more or less the same weekly mileage as I do. But I could also live with the current situation ...
                  rkeddie

I personally don't care much about how the leaderboard looks... My goal for the year is 1000 miles, and it has nothing to do with how much someone else is running. I do like to see the graph though. Maybe on the homepage, instead of the rabbit picture, we can see just a two bar graph - us and the damn wabbit. Another idea is to sort the graph differently. Rather than sort from hightest to lowest distance, it could be sorted in order of closest to pace bunny distance to furthest from pace bunny distance in either direction. This way the people cranking out double the mileage are at the bottom with the people who haven't started running for the year yet.

madness baby

Another idea is to sort the graph differently. Rather than sort from hightest to lowest distance, it could be sorted in order of closest to pace bunny distance to furthest from pace bunny distance in either direction. This way the people cranking out double the mileage are at the bottom with the people who haven't started running for the year yet.
                      Ah ha! Now someone's on to a genius idea!
                      deb
                      vicentefrijole

Another idea is to sort the graph differently. Rather than sort from hightest to lowest distance, it could be sorted in order of closest to pace bunny distance to furthest from pace bunny distance in either direction. This way the people cranking out double the mileage are at the bottom with the people who haven't started running for the year yet.
                        Yes, I like this idea. It keeps us closest to the original intent of the leaderboard (at least, as I understood it). Plus, I don't think it would require another 100 hours of Eric's time to re-code everything... (I may be wrong) Big grin
                        vicentefrijole

Forgive me, oh ye forum gods, for I have sinned.
                          The only sin you have committed is keeping everyone in this forum entertained for the last week! I nominate abbaroodle for forum leader. Long Live the Queen! Big grin
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I third this idea! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

The only sin you have committed is keeping everyone in this forum entertained for the last week! I nominate abbaroodle for forum leader. Long Live the Queen! Big grin
                              Hear hear! Long live Queen Tribe! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

Forgive me, oh ye forum gods, for I have sinned. I did not mean to start a long debate when simply asking about a "remove user feature." Not only did I sin, I was also mistaken by wanting to exclude high-mileage high school brats I mean runners who do not belong on the bunny hill. I recognize now that they do not read the forums. And if I am able to inflate their shrivelled little egos, my running logs are going to a good cause. I am repenting by inviting anyone, regardless of how many miles he or she runs in a day, to join my public island. I will not go so far as to invite the under-18ers to my private island. I will save the bunny-strip shows and mai tais for runners over 18.
                                Are you kidding? I agree with the others - this thread was fun to read. Human nature is always hilariously predictable - and this thread was guaranteed to grow long. Get to the important stuff: how do the rest of us get on your private island? Does it have those little umbrellas in the mai tais?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------