Not the best way to win a race (Read 1322 times)

Turbolegs

See this ...

I know the eventual winner didnt do anything "wrong" or "illegal" but still .....

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

That's racing.  I'm sure the 2nd place runner realized at least 1 moment during the race where things didn't go perfect.  Don't know that the same is true for the winner.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

See this ...

I know the eventual winner didnt do anything "wrong" or "illegal" but still .....

Yeah, I'm not sure you even need the quotes in there.  What was the winner going to do?  "No please, you were here first..."

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Turbolegs

Yeah, I'm not sure you even need the quotes in there.  What was the winner going to do?  "No please, you were here first..."

Well .. she did see her get up after she fell down .. there is being competitive and then there is sportsmanship (even while being competitive) ..

Why is it sideways?

2nd place should have paced herself.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Did she even know that the other racer had fallen?

Did she even know that it was another woman, as versus just some other guy?

Didn't the chick who fell down accept assistance from that dude who pushed her across the line?

Chick won fair and square.  Tis a race. There is no issue of poor sportsmanship.

jfa

Well .. she did see her get up after she fell down .. there is being competitive and then there is sportsmanship (even while being competitive) ..

Yea but 1st place didn't see 2nd place fall. She came around the corner and only saw second place running slowly.

MTA What Trent said.

So you're suggesting that the winner should have, after 26.15 miles of hard racing, intentionally slowed down and lost the race?  Because her competitor fell (due to bad luck, tactical error, fatigued legs, or whatever), got back up, and continued racing?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Feeling the growl again

Second place should have kept her balance.  First place had nothing to do with her fall.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LateBloomer

i wish the dozens of racers who usually finish in front of me would spontaneously fall down and let me win just one race Smile

2013 Goals

Just keep running...

Turbolegs

This is what it looked like to me .. in the first few seconds of running that you can see the second girl (who finished first), she seems to be running at a pace where she knows she is going to finish second .. and then sees the first place girl just about get up from her fall .. and she puts in a burst of speed to just pip her at the post.

I would have liked to see a finish .. like the end of the novel "Marathon" by Hal Higdon. But thats just me ...

MTA: Found a video to better describe my thoughts .. Click

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I would have liked to see a finish .. like the end of the novel "Marathon" by Hal Higdon. But thats just me ...

MTA: Found a video to better describe my thoughts .. Click

Supererogatory and always warming to see.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

vegefrog

The winner did nothing wrong, and good for her for having the energy to sprint for that win.

Still sort of breaks your heart for the girl that fell down though, she even raises her arms like she is breaking the ribbon for the win.

Shit happens! That should keep her motivated until the next race comes around Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cheruiyot raised his hands in victory before crossing the line.

He fell down.

But he still got across the line first.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is it time again to talk about whether guys running in women's marathons should let the women finish first?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.