Quad Ache! Please Help. (Read 560 times)

I was hoping somebody out there could tell me what is wrong with my leg. Two weeks ago I ran too far on two successive days and the following symptoms have plagued me ever since: 1. At the start of my run a dull ache begins deep in the center front of my lower quad on my right leg (dominate leg) 2. The ache quickly moves slightly to the inside of my thigh and eventually radiates along a line to upper thigh. 3. The intensity of the ache increases the first 1.5 mi and then decreases after 3 miles. It becomes tolerable after 3-5 miles and I can go as long as I like after that, but it never totally goes away. 4. I can feel my hip flexors (only on the right) getting sore after 3 mi, but nothing too bad yet. 5. If I put weight on my leg and then let up, I get a quick, sharp, throbbing pain that shoots through my thigh/quad. It is most intense shortly after a run and improves from there. I get the same thing when I sit for a long time and then try to walk (4 hrs on the plane yesterday almost killed me). 6. I feel a slight, but general weakness in my right leg when climbing stairs, running, etc. Since the onset of this problem I ran a planned reduced mileage week (18 mi), a full mileage week (30 mi), and an unplanned reduced week (20 mi). I rested my leg for 4 days and did not notice a change for better or worse when I ran 4 miles today. I'm going to rest an entire week and maybe see a sports doc this week. This is very frustrating as I'm sure many of you can identify with. What do you think this could be? Any advice would be welcome. Cheers, Kurt
    VictorN

Sounds to me like you have a muscle spasm. Heat, massage (esp deep tissue massage), and gentle stretching should help. Victor

The Greatest of All Time

Rest as planned and see a doc. Good luck.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          Sounds to me like you have a muscle spasm. Heat, massage (esp deep tissue massage), and gentle stretching should help. Never had one of those before. I'd rather have that vice a stress fracture though. I'll give myself a good deep tissue massage and see how that works. Thanks.