humidity field (Read 988 times)

Why is it sideways?

And for that matter what are you going to do with the info? Prove that running sucks when the dew point is 73? File under "duh."

Come on mikey -- you log the temperature! The dewpoint is at least as relevant as the temp, if not more.

Of course I just use the notes field for everything, like srlopez.

mikeymike

Yeah but I don't know WHY I log the temperature. I've stopped logging time of day so...baby steps.

Runners run

Yeah but I don't know WHY I log the temperature. I've stopped logging time of day so...baby steps.

One day you will be like globule. I bet he is logging 120 mile weeks.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Depends what kind of logging to which you are referring, but yeah, I'll bet he is.

eric :)

I haven't added any new fields to the workout editor because it's already very daunting to new users and runners.  As I hinted in other posts, I'll be revamping the training log this fall, which would allow me to simplify the workout editor while allowing me to add more data fields.  Once that work is done, I'll consider which fields to add.

In the meantime, what's the consensus?  Dew point or humidity?  I can see argument for either, but please don't make me add both.

L Train

Neither is important to me. 

eric :)

I made the humidity as a checkbox because it's somewhat subjective.  While temperature is easy to obtain, dew point/humidity are not unless you have the proper instruments.  If I change the humidity check box to a number field, then that would prevent many people that can't obtain the number.

mikeymike

I also vote neither. I'm in the process of weaning myself off of obsessively recording useless data that I'll never use for anything in my running log. It's a process and I'm taking it one day at a time but the less temptation the better.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Neither for me as well.  If I really feel that is necessary to log the humidity I just write "It was muggy as #^^$@" in the notes field.

Not at it at all. 

dennrunner

Neither.

But if you do add one, I vote for dew point.

xor

I vote for making the humidity a checkbox.

Hiiiiiiii, eric sideways smile.

If you MUST add a field, dewpoint dewpoint dewpoint.

I vote for making the humidity a checkbox.

Hiiiiiiii, eric sideways smile.

If you MUST add a field, dewpoint dewpoint dewpoint.

Me thinks he already added it,,,,,,,,so no vote

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xor

Right... that was the joke in my post.  I was voting for the thing he did to show my support.

Splunge.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Humid checkbox (as is), and +1 for simplicity, maybe with a hidden section for all the fancy stuff.  Or maybe a customizable entry form.