What kind of turkey trot are you running this year? (Read 169 times)

Ashenfelter Classic 8k. It is a USATF-NJ Championship race.  Last year, the top 67 all came in 30:00 or faster.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Last year, the top 67 all came in 30:00 or faster.

That's because NJ is the minor leagues.

Runners run

That's because NJ is the minor leagues.

Son of a-

Oh, okay.

Strict WTF adherent

Alexandrai (Va) 5 miler

Dressed as a turkey, naturally

TripleBock

I am trotting to the fridge for another beer ... no wait, that is why I had kids.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

I am trotting to the fridge for another beer ... no wait, that is why I had kids.

My dad finally figured out that, if he wanted me to continue to provide that service, he'd have to go with bottles. My services were invariably shake-and-deliver.

Atlanta Half Marathon for me too, to complete the Triple Peach.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Hip Redux

I just popped back on to see if anyone else is running the Manchester RR.  Good to see there are more RAers than just me (or at least there's one other so far).  It's a big race (15K+).  It's fun.

I'll be there too!

CMJHawk86

I'm doing a little 4-mile turkey trot in my neighborhood. It's in its inaugural year but I couldn't really say no given some of my buddies are organizing it. Besides, the idea of rolling out of bed and jogging a half mile to the start has some appeal.

I hear we're up to 200 entrants, so it may not be so little after all.

EdithRevisited

If you ask

I'm running a 10k race on Thanksgiving morning.  I usually just go for a run early on Thanksgiving morning bc it is wonderful to enjoy the quiet roads, but this year I will be in VA and there is a race about a mile from my brothers house.  Seemed like a good idea to get some of my family to run it too.

I may also run a 15k trail race on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
                      • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
                      • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

stshipley7

Atlanta Half Marathon for me too, to complete the Triple Peach.

Ditto for me, and the Triple Peach too!!!!!!

-STS

stshipley7

Volunteering  for ATL Half for 15th year.

Thank you for your service on a holiday!

CT JEFF

I'll be there too!

OSKI and MENDEVILLE - Id be there if I wasnt going to be in MA on that day. Ive heard Manchester, CT is a huge event.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

I'll be doing my first ever 8K.  (Although I've done a 5 miler before...does that count?)

SubDood

Neighborhood 5K, starting line is 2 blocks from my house. I ran it 2 years ago when we first moved to the area, and some of the boys and girls from the local high school cross country team participated. (That local high school fielded the state champion boys and girls teams this year, so there was some serious racing at the front of the pack, while there were lots of dogs and children in strollers at the back of the pack.)

I hope my 7-year-old son runs it with me ... although it would likely turn into a random distance -- we pass our own house twice during the course, and he might opt for a shorter distance.