Resting Heart Rates (Read 1032 times)

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

What's your resting Heart Rate? Mine - 42 taken at 3:00PM sitting at my desk. Sometimes 38 in morning before I get up.

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

What's your resting Heart Rate? Mine - 42 taken at 3:00PM sitting at my desk. Sometimes 38 in morning before I get up.
      I average ~53, not that means anything special. Genetics plays a significant role in how low (and how high) your HR goes. Training will simply enable you to get there. Working of a %HR is the probably a better way to compare rather than an absolute value.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

I measured myself at 55 bpm last night while I was donating blood. I was bored, and they got so mad when I took a nap before they punctured me that I figured it was probably a bad idea to try taking one while I was filling the bags.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Working of a %HR is the probably a better way to compare rather than an absolute value.
          Do you mean an average over the day. Presume on an exercise free day>

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

Carps10

between 50 and 60. btw this is a terrible indicator of athletic ability.
              I just did mine: 47 Is this for prizes or just for fun?

-------------------------------------
              5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
              10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
              1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
              Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

The Greatest of All Time

Mine is usually low 60's sitting down. Mid 80's walking around. Have no clue what it is at 4:45 am.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  On the one hand I,ve had a reading as low as 52 while just sitting, on the other I have recorded an 80 while just sitting, average high 60's though.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Is this for prizes or just for fun?
                    Just for fun, but always wondered if my HR was lower than other runners of similar fitness. Also a little concerned that there might be some underlying medical reason. Most articles seem to think there is no need to be concerned if it is above thirty in a reasonably fit person. I feel in good health although suufer with a little blood pressure when under stress.

Flat footer

Mine is usually low 60's sitting down. Mid 80's walking around. Have no clue what it is at 4:45 am.
                      Mine was around 147 this morning around 4:45am Big grin
                        I can't find one! Shocked
                        XCRunner21

i take mine usually right when I wake up in the morning and my average is 45-50. But I am a teenager so I don't know if that affects it at all.
                          Goals: 3 mile- break 16:00 2 mile- break 10:00 1 mile- break 4:45 Run my first Triathlon- done
                          RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Do you mean an average over the day. Presume on an exercise free day>
                            I should have stated %maxHR, which is another topic for discussion. I'd be more concerned with monitoring CHANGES in resting heart rate... increases = illness, overtraining etc.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Per my annual physical last week - 39. I generally ony check it once a year when I'm in his office.
                              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Run the race God set B4U

I just clocked mine at 56 Big grin
                                5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)