Goofy experience while running? (Read 824 times)

Swadvad

A few years ago, I hit the streets after dark. It was between 10 and 11 at night and my wife was already asleep. About a mile from the house, I turned my ankle and bit the asphalt. (Genetic defect inherited from my accident-prone father!) I was in front of the local high school and across from the local park. Being too afraid to knock on the door of any nearby house at that time of night, I remembered that there was a pay phone on the other side of the park next to the softball fields. It took about 10 minutes to hop on one foot over to the phone. I had no money, so I had to call my wife collect and pray that she would accept the call. She made me wrap my wounds in my shirt and shorts so I would not bleed on her car. We didn't have a garage at that time, so I had to hop from the car into the house naked. I never heard whether any of the neighbors got a laugh from that one! Big grin What goofy things have happened to you?
    jeffdonahue

I had a bike ride that turned into a run. I was out early in the morning for a ride on a local bike/running trail when I got a flat tire. Ironically there was a bike shop about 100m from where I got the flat, but it was too early for them to be open. I was wearing my new clip-on bike shoes, which are ultimately impossible to walk/run in and I had about 2 miles to get back to my car. So the shoes and helmet came off and I ended up running the two miles carrying my shoes and helmet, pushing my bike in my socks - which were ruined by the time I got to my car. A few other bikers came by and offered at one point to help me change my flat (and did comment on how funny I looked as they rode up), but by that time I was only about a 1/4 mile from the car so I decided to just finish my jog.
        On Tuesday while I was running at the park where my daughter was having soccer practice I had to step off of the path to avoid running into a goat. A GOAT. Someone was there watching one of the little league ball games and they brought their goat with them (on a leash). Confused I smiled and kept on running.

Michelle

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I was at the gym running on the dreadmill one early morning and felt something slapping me on the back of my leg. I reached down to see what it was and I pulled a black sock out the leg of my shorts. Everyone behind me on the StairMasters had a good laugh. "So that's where that sock is.."
          Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
            Funny stuff folks: When running on the treadmill I sometimes watch movies, using head phones for sound. Just to try it I tried watching Nosferatu - the silent movie about Dracula. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out I didn't need to use the head phones.

The Greatest of All Time

Funny stuff folks: When running on the treadmill I sometimes watch movies, using head phones for sound. Just to try it I tried watching Nosferatu - the silent movie about Dracula. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out I didn't need to use the head phones.
              That made me lol. Thanks.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

The sock one cracked me up ... If that was me it would have been a bra or underwear ... and I would have first gone to Starbucks with it hanging out. One of the worst things I can think of was during the snowshoe portion of a Quadtrathalon. I was passing some guy, on my way past he yelled out 'hey you have your snowshoes on the wrong feet' (It was my 1st snowshoe race and they were loaners). I simply yelled back 'Seems to be working for me' and ran on past.
                If you're bored ask why you're boring