Best iphone case for running? (Read 107 times)

sugnim

My Otter, which is less than a year old, is kaput.  The guy that sold it to me at the cell phone store said that it would protect my phone from everything.  And I guess it has since I've dropped it on several trails, fallen on it, had my dog step on it, etc.  But I'm hoping for a case that might hold up a little longer.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I want one that can withstand the abuse of running trails in heat, snow, rain, and clumsiness.  Thanks.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

The "Lifeproof" case!  That's what I use anyways.  You can even submerge it in 6' of water and be alright.  I'm a cheapskate and bought a used one through amazon for ~$35.  It was worth it for the peace of mind.

**Ask me about streaking**

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I really love the Lifeproof case, but I only have the iPhone 4S and with that case, the hole for the headphone jack is so long that you have to use an adapter unless you use the Apple headphones (which suck for running). The problem with the adapter is that it is complete crap.  I have blown through three of them since they short out very easily.  Or you could just go with a Bluetooth headset.

Otherwise the case is awesome.  I drop my phone all the time, sweat all over it, get rained on...  Totally protected.

Leah, mother of dogs

kjkranz

X-1 Audio's Amphibix is awesome, I've had it for over a year now and it's probably been with me for a couple thousand miles. Water, snow, dust, etc proof.

RunningOnTheWhiteLine.com

Social Media Coordinator @ SKORA Running

Loves the outdoors

Can't help with clumsiness, but my favourite is a zip-lock bag. Cheap, and you can even still use the phone through it. I just pop it in my SPI belt and off I go.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really love the Lifeproof case, but I only have the iPhone 4S and with that case, the hole for the headphone jack is so long that you have to use an adapter unless you use the Apple headphones (which suck for running). The problem with the adapter is that it is complete crap.  I have blown through three of them since they short out very easily.  Or you could just go with a Bluetooth headset.

Otherwise the case is awesome.  I drop my phone all the time, sweat all over it, get rained on...  Totally protected.

When I next upgrade my phone I'm planning to go this route.  I know 3 people with this case.

Tell me more about the headphones thing, though.  Is the adaptor something you have to buy through Lifeproof?  I use the Sennheiser Sport headphones -- HATE the Apple ones.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Ziplock bag. I'm not joking.

sugnim

Ziplock bag. I'm not joking.

I do use a ziplock bag for rainy & snowy runs.  It works great for water protection, but it has a distinct lack of padding.  If my phone were in a ziplock bag, and I dropped in on a rocky trail, or fell on it, or stepped on it, I'm pretty sure that bag would offer zero protection.  I'm looking for a case that will stand up to adventures, not just suburban sprinklers.  I think I'll take a look at the lifeproof case.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Another vote for Lifeproof. I've dropped my phone many times both indoors and on concrete, with no damage.