What Compels Us So? (Read 1388 times)

...And I do.

To go out for a run and then come back and yack about it. Is sharing in the Community Forum as addicting as the run itself? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Roll eyes

Marathon Maniac #3309

To go out for a run and then come back and yack about it. Is sharing in the Community Forum as addicting as the run itself? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Roll eyes
      I think about that also, and think you are most definitely right...it is addicting also to talk and post our runs to others here.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

This morning I was tired. Not just normal tired, but dead dog sleepy zombie tired. I came as close to not running as I can get and still run. It was chilly and I couldn't decide if it was shorts and long sleeve shirt or shorts and a jacket. My brain was so tired it couldn't make the decision of what to wear so I went to the Y and ran indoors. Just thought I'd share. Wink

My legs are killing me

I think the forums are just a good place to vent about running because alot of us don't have someone to share it with that really understands.
            I think the forums are just a good place to vent about running because alot of us don't have someone to share it with that really understands.
            Wow, good call. That's definitely me. Most of my friends just think I'm crazy. Maybe they're right.

...And I do.

I'll be out for a run and I'll think "I should share about this" or I will think "I wonder what other runners do in this situation". I laugh at myself 'cause I wonder if other runners that blog are out there thinking the same thing!
              JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I'll be out for a run and I'll think "I should share about this" or I will think "I wonder what other runners do in this situation". I laugh at myself 'cause I wonder if other runners that blog are out there thinking the same thing!
                I always think, 'well, I'm not out here alone....someone from RA must be running somewhere now too' and for some reason that makes me smile and keep going....
                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

A Saucy Wench

I think its because if you run you get it, and if you dont run you dont. Most of the people in our lives dont and we dont want to drive them crazy talking about how our run was so tough when it was "only 8 miles" or hear about an "easy 15"

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

you mean to say, it isn't just me?
                    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                      When I finish a run, I get this feeling of satisfaction and pride of accomplishment. I come here to learn from others and occassionally, ok, rarely add my 2 cents. I know by recording my runs others will know what I have accomplished and at the very least, they will know that I can appreciate what they have accomplished. So spending time here is good for all.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

When I finish a run, I get this feeling of satisfaction and pride of accomplishment. I come here to learn from others and occassionally, ok, rarely add my 2 cents. I know by recording my runs others will know what I have accomplished and at the very least, they will know that I can appreciate what they have accomplished. So spending time here is good for all.
                        Well Said, and I Echo your thoughts.... Every time i am struggling through a bad run, I think HTFU, and then I think of JK saying " It's your journey", and then of course Long Run Nick, saying " If your in it for life, then what's your darn hurry Cheffy? It's okay to walk a little too" .... Trent's advice, and oatmeal pancake recipe.....Need I say more? Wink ZZ- my " Cyber Neighbor"..... Coffee? None of this would have been in my life daily if not for finding this community. Love it here. It's Home. Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

I think its because if you run you get it, and if you dont run you dont. Most of the people in our lives dont and we dont want to drive them crazy talking about how our run was so tough when it was "only 8 miles" or hear about an "easy 15"
                          100% agree. My wife and I have decided that we have become real jocks because all we ever talk about was our intense and hardcore workouts we just completed. I think the extended family is a little sick of the 4 runners in total dominanting all conversations. I also enjoy hearing about the average persons training, and what works and doesn't work for everyone. Runnerworld and other resources are great, but its nice to supplement that information with advice from the average joe (or Jane for you politically correct types out there). ... and posting is also a great way to eat away at the working day Roll eyes

The Greatest of All Time

Spot on. No one cares, and I really don't blame them. Imagine if you were a non-runner and either your spouse or a co-worker came at you with this: "So, I got up this morning and headed out. Felt pretty good until about the point my Garmin said I had ran 2.35 miles then my right calve started knotting up. My electolytes are probably off balance. Yeah, I had scheduled a tempo run after about a 3 mile warm up but was really concerned about pushing it with this calve thing. But I HTFU'd and ran 6:15 pace for 6 miles gaining elevation of 200 feet, while keeping my heart rate in zone 5, you know just under LT pace? Came home and had pancakes and a protein shake for breakfast. Want to see my Garmin? It's so cool!" Yawn
                            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                            JakeKnight

Yawn
                              Weird. I found it fascinating. Riveting, in fact. Can I play with your Garmin?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

The Greatest of All Time

Weird. I found it fascinating. Riveting, in fact. Can I play with your Garmin?
                                If I actually had one, yes. Cool
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.