where's my shirt, b1tches (Read 593 times)

So I ran in a 3 mile race last December. They were out of medium shirts of course. Rather than just handing out what they had, they were nice enough to make a list of people who were shafted and "order more." Well they are still "waiting on them." Now I know it's just a crappy long sleeve cotton t-shirt that i probably won't wear in public anyway, other than maybe a short run on a cool day, but I paid for it. I could have run along with the pack and just not worn a number if I wanted nothing to show for it. Right?

My Hero

I would have forgotten about it by now.

A Saucy Wench

lol...oh yeah, I never got my 1/2 marathon shirt from last 4th of July.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Another Passion

I had the same thing happen to me at a Richmond Roadrunners 10K turkey trot this past Thanksgiving Day. I registered early for the race knowing that we go to my sister's in Richmond every year for Thanksgiving and thought, this will be a good way to rationalize my gluttony later in the day when we have dinner. Registration was to include a long sleeved turkey trot t and the race was to be limited to the first 1,000 registrants. Well, the computer registration didn't shut down at 1,000 and they ended up with like 1,400 runners and, instead of giving the shirts to the first 1,000 registrants, they did it alphabetically by last name. Mine happens to start with a V so, "No shirt for you!" Dayung Shirt-Nazis! Angry I told them I drove 600 miles one way just so I could torture myself on their hilly 10K course. No go. Sad

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Just Be

So I ran in a 3 mile race last December. They were out of medium shirts of course. Rather than just handing out what they had, they were nice enough to make a list of people who were shafted and "order more." Well they are still "waiting on them." Now I know it's just a crappy long sleeve cotton t-shirt that i probably won't wear in public anyway, other than maybe a short run on a cool day, but I paid for it. I could have run along with the pack and just not worn a number if I wanted nothing to show for it. Right?
            I hope they at least recorded your finishing time!