My ortho visit (Read 117 times)

Well, my hips have been really bothering me for a long time now, and I fianlly went to get them checked out yesterday.

I was thinking the worst, but no signs of anything. X-rays showed no signs of any deterioration.    She said it was all muscular.    I had a bad bout with my IT Band about 5 years ago, and she thinks I still have  issues with that, as well as piriformis syndrome.  She said it was very common with runners.   I told her I only run between 20 and 25 miles a week.  She said it didn't matter, it is still a common runners injury.   She prescribed PT.  I'm going to a well known sports therapist  in the area.

Anyway, I hate doctors, any my DH has been nagging me to go for a long time.  I  am so relieved I went.   I can't believe all this time it's been a running injury.  I feel really stupid.  Duh!  I honestly thought I just had bad arthritis.   Double duh!

- Anya

Feeling the growl again

I forget what your exact problem was, but sounds like I'm in the same boat.  Months of recurring problems around the hips.  When one gets better, it just moves to the other one.

When they did the X-rays on me they showed me my hip joints and said the arthritis (or lack thereof) is no worse or even better than any average person my age.  Not bad for ~70K miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I forget what your exact problem was, but sounds like I'm in the same boat.  Months of recurring problems around the hips.  When one gets better, it just moves to the other one.

When they did the X-rays on me they showed me my hip joints and said the arthritis (or lack thereof) is no worse or even better than any average person my age.  Not bad for ~70K miles.

Amazing!

My hips hurt when I bend down, like to clean the litter box, or put shoes on. Sometimes they hurt, well feel achy. Oh, and my butt hurts from time to time, and my leg a little. Comes and goes.  Sometimes just feel like I'm OLD and I was taking a lot of advil, until my stomach started bothering me..... now I can't take that anymore, unless I really, really need to.

But, yeah, if I don't have arthritis, I sure feel like I do!   I will do the PT, and learn how to deal with this, and hopefully, I can control it.

I don't run nearly as much as you do, but, I'd sure be lost if I couldn't run anymore. And that's what I was thinking they would say!

- Anya

Prince of Fatness

I forget what your exact problem was, but sounds like I'm in the same boat.  Months Years of recurring problems around the hips.  When one gets better, it just moves to the other one.

Yeah that would be me.  I don't think that running causes these problems, it just exposes them.  How we go about the rest of our day has as much to do with it.  In my case it was sitting at a desk job for 25+ years.

Not at it at all. 

Yeah that would be me.  I don't think that running causes these problems, it just exposes them.  How we go about the rest of our day has as much to do with it.  In my case it was sitting at a desk job for 25+ years.

I think I'm going to get that sacrowedgy thing.  I sit all day too.  And my posture stinks.  Many times I sit on my foot at my desk, which can't be good.

- Anya

Hoodoo Guru

Hope the PT helps.  I was prescribed PT earlier this year for a long time back problem and it did wonders.  I wish I had done it 10 years earlier.

The tangents are moot.

I still have not made the PT appointment yet.  I picked one out, but have not called.

Weird that now that I know what it is, I'm feeling better.  But, I should go at least a few times.  Why am I afraid to?

- Anya