Garmin Connect (Read 150 times)

HermosaBoy

Is there an option to upload old entries from Garmin Connect?  As an example -- can I export workouts from Garmin from 2014 and then import through the importer?

If yes, are there any tricks to do it?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

mikeymike

If you're doing it one activity at a time, you can just export the FIT or GPX file from Garmin Connect then import it using "upload from file". That's pretty simple.

If you're trying to import a whole list of workouts--like all activities from 2014--I don't think Garmin gives you a way to export that in any useful format.

Runners run

HermosaBoy

If you're trying to import a whole list of workouts--like all activities from 2014--I don't think Garmin gives you a way to export that in any useful format.

Garmin does give you an option to export to csv, but Garmin Connect (csv) is not a data source option on the data importer in RA.

There are other csv data source options, so I think it is probably do-able.  Just don't want to gunk things up by using one that is not compatible...

Rob

runmichigan

Garmin does give you an option to export to csv, but Garmin Connect (csv) is not a data source option on the data importer in RA.

There are other csv data source options, so I think it is probably do-able.  Just don't want to gunk things up by using one that is not compatible...

There is a Custom CSV format in the data importer, but you would likely need to manipulate your data into that format.  See https://www.runningahead.com/help/custom_csv

HermosaBoy

There is a Custom CSV format in the data importer, but you would likely need to manipulate your data into that format.  See https://www.runningahead.com/help/custom_csv

THANKS!!!!   Smile

Data manipulation is not a problem...

Rob

mikeymike

But it doesn't export the gps data, just the summary data like date, time, distance. If that's all you want it could work.

Runners run

HermosaBoy

But it doesn't export the gps data, just the summary data like date, time, distance. If that's all you want it could work.

At this point, I think just getting the general data would be an improvement (this is for my wife).

Rob