Anthem (Read 491 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heard a snippet of this on "The Real World" (shut up!)...awesome song (I believe the band is actually a Christian rock band...which is normally not my thing, but this is a fab tune)--it will be going immediately on my iPod: Anthem, by Superchick ~~~~~ Here's to the ones who don't give up Here's to the ones who don't give up Here's to the ones who don't give up This is your anthem Get your hands up We are fire inside We are lipstick and cleats We are not going home And we are playin for keeps We are girls who skin knees We are concrete and grace We are not what you think Can't keep us in our place Here's to the girls on their boards with bruises and scars Here's to the girls whose fingers bleed from playing guitar Here's to anyone who never quit when things got hard You'll never let them say "You'll never get that far." "Never get that far." "Never get that far." We are fire inside We are an army asleep We are a people awaking to follow their dreams We don't have time for your games We have our own goals to score There are trophies to win Instead of being one of yours Here's to the girls on their boards with bruises and scars Here's to the girls whose fingers bleed from playing guitar Here's to anyone who never quit when things got hard You'll never let them say "You'll never get that far." "You'll never get that far." Here's to the ones who don't give up (x3) This is your anthem (anthem, anthem, anthem, anthem) Here's to the girls on their boards with bruises and scars Here's to the girls whose fingers bleed from playing guitar Here's to anyone who never quit when things got hard You'll never let them say "You'll never get that far." "Never get that far."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This is a great tune, Kirsten! Thanks for the rec!