Handy Runner Lite (for Android) (Read 2557 times)

Outside Lane

Derek,
    I just installed this on my HTC Evo 4G w/ 2.2.

The app runs, but it is not getting any satellites, even though GPS is on and works with other apps.  The staus icon is grey, not red,yellow or green.

Any ideas?

I have seen this too on my phone (HTC Eris).  Sometimes I get the Green/Yellow - but sometimes just gray/white.   I run anyway and still find that it seems to work.

I love Handy Runner.

See how they run...

derek

Derek,
      I just installed this on my HTC Evo 4G w/ 2.2.

The app runs, but it is not getting any satellites, even though GPS is on and works with other apps.  The staus icon is grey, not red,yellow or green.

Any ideas?

When that happens, can you check another GPS app and see if it can get a GPS lock?  For example, when I've seen that happen, I would try running Google maps or Sprint Navigation and I notice that it also has trouble getting a GPS lock.

Derek

KeepOn

Derek,

I am a new guy. Got your HandyRunner first, then tried this website.

I have a little problem using HandyRunner. When I upload a run, it failed to upload. I tried instead to copy the GPX from SD card, and use the uploader on this website. That failed also. (At the same time, I can upload GPX generated by other apps).

Is there something I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks a lot.

Adam

PS. I am using Handy Runner 1.1.2 on Android 2.2.1. The Handy Runner is downloaded from Market. Thanks for the cool app.

yellergixer

Hi Ive just installed the full version on my X10i Android 2.1.1 as its just what Ive been after, I can finally link my running ahead account to my phone (Just got the phone by the way, used to have a Nokia)

Anyway for some reason I cant see a menu or settings page, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, Ive tried slidig screen up down left right but nothing happens.  Everything else seems to work ok  though. Do I need to install the lite version as well as the full one

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Anyway for some reason I cant see a menu or settings page, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, Ive tried slidig screen up down left right but nothing happens.  Everything else seems to work ok  though. Do I need to install the lite version as well as the full one

Try using the Menu key, it displays a "Settings" and "Refresh" option on my Droid. I'm not familiar with your phone but think that all Android phones have the menu button (as well as home, search, and back)

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

yellergixer

Try using the Menu key, it displays a "Settings" and "Refresh" option on my Droid. I'm not familiar with your phone but think that all Android phones have the menu button (as well as home, search, and back)

Thats it!!! Thanks a lot, perhaps they shouldn't let old gits like me loose with these new fangled gadgets ha ha Big grin

Gotta go for another run to try it out now

helderar

Hi there, bought and android 4.1.1 and installed handy runner and I just can't find the menu button. My phone doesn't have the menu button which is talked about in the previous post.

Thank you.

helderar

Solved my problem. My android doesn't have the menu button as I stated above.  But if I keep the button which displays the open apps, pressed then the settings button shows up.

Leave my finding here in case it is helpful for other android newbies.

VOSullivan

I am so glad you added your post, because my Samsung doesn't have the menu button either.  I thought I was going nuts.  Thanks.

old Paratrooper

That solved my problem as well.....good to know for a lot of apps.....Thanks.  An update to the App with a settings button would be a good thing though