Day off (Read 835 times)

Wasatch Speedgoat

Couldn't figure out how to be able to input a day off, so I created a route called day off with zero mileage. The only way it'll let me add it to my log is if I put one minute as the time. I like this addition so I can put notes as to why I took the day off, weather, etc.

Life is short, play hard!

vicentefrijole

That's a great idea. I'll have to use it.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

You can also put it in as an "event" or a "health note" Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm confused. What's a day off?
          Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Trent ... a day off is what happens when your throat is sore, your lungs ache, your muscles ache, your head aches, you are coughing non-stop and despite wanting to have the last training run before a 1/2M you decide not to run. It is a bad day and, believe me, it is a pain-in-the ***. Maybe this should go into Wikipedia? Moans over and now back to being happy (although still not sure about my 1/2M on Sunday). :-) Neil

Running ... just keep running!

tgoutzie

I'm also confused. Why would you want to track when you don't do any exercise for the day? I just don't enter anything in the log and then I know I didn't do anything on the day (if I decide to back-track a couple months later). Maybe someone can enlighten me on the benefits on having a 'day off' logged. Cheers/Theo

Wasatch Speedgoat

Well, because I basically run everyday year round, I would like to put in why I didn't run that day. Was I tired? Was it raining like cats and dogs while 32 degrees with 50 mph winds? Work meeting? Anyway, that's why...because it's a log, sortof like a diary.

tgoutzie

ultrastevep, Fair enough mate. I just had a glance are your log. Geez, you are really doing some serious milage week to week. I'm currently only managing around 60-65km. Enjoy !! Cheers/Theo

Wasatch Speedgoat

Hi Theo.... It's all relative, the mileage I mean...you can only do what you can do and no matter how much or how little miles you put in is more than nothing at all. There was a time in my life when if I didn't run 100 miles in a week, I felt like i was slipping backwards. Now i don't worry about it and just do what I can do. I like to run, I like to run a lot! So with my daily runs, if I can run for an hour I will, if i can fit in 1.5 hours, like today I'll do that...sometimes I can't run at all and i look at it that with all the running i do, what's one day here and there that I can't. I am running many miles because i'm training for a difficult 50 miler in AZ (4 weeks) and eventually a 100 miler in Colorado in July. My mileage soon will drop down to maintenance mileage. Keep up the good training! Smile Steve