NB Shoe Testers (Read 1021 times)

RunsForCake

Have you ever had to turn down an offer to test? If so, did you receive offers after you turned them down? I received an offer to test and unfortunately, had to turn it down due to injury. I'm especially bummed out about this as it was my first offer(I registered over a year ago) and really would love the opportunity to try out some up and coming models. I emailed the test administrator so I'm hoping letting them know my situation keeps my account in good standing.
      Sorry about your injury. I have sent back shoes for New Balance a couple times. 1st time due to injury and was only to get about 30 miles on them. The 2nd time they sent a stability shoe instead of Neutral and I sent them back. Both times they were pretty understanding. I would just be in touch with the person handling your "wear test" and explain the situation. You still may have to fill out a survey even though you sent them back. Just do it and again explain why. They continue to send me shoes to test so I guess they're not mad at me yet. Good luck.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've only had 2 shoes to test. First time I tested a shoe it was that lightweight speedwork shoe (805, I think). I got it in the dead of Winter, so it was hard to really test it under the conditions they were hoping for, which was dry pavement and grass...uh, middle of Winter in MI we have neither. Second pair were the 800MF midfoot strike shoes. I was dealing with knee issues at the time, so really wasn't able to put very many miles on those, either. I also know that they test shoes for specific sizes first...I think for women they do maybe 7.5 medium for first round, then a few widths for second round. So both shoes I've tested were right before the shoes were actually released for sale, which I don't quite understand--seems a little late in the game, to me. In both cases the shoes were not shoes that were ideally suited for my needs. I'm a mild OPer and I have been sent neutral shoes both times. I really wish they would send me shoes to test that are actually models I would buy for the bulk of my miles.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

Thanks for the feedback Bucci and Zoom. I did email the administrator for the test shoe but have not heard back from him yet. So you think they already sent the shoes? I would have thought they would have waited for a response to the email. No worries. I'll send them back immediately with a copy of my email reply. Bucci, I'll definitely fill out the survey if need be. Zoom, the shoe they were wanting me to test is the WR1123MC which I'm presuming is an update to the 1123/1124. Both shoes I have worn and really liked. Bummer you didn't get shoes to test you would actually want to buy. Maybe if you updated your profile on the site they would send you something better suited to your needs?

De-slacking in progress

I didn't know you could do this so I signed up just for the heck of it- never wore NB running shoes but their walkers were great. btw- heres the link to save you time searching: http://weartest.newbalance.com/Apply/Index.asp?Reference=GettingStarted&~= no job= need free shoes now Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks for the feedback Bucci and Zoom. I did email the administrator for the test shoe but have not heard back from him yet. So you think they already sent the shoes? I would have thought they would have waited for a response to the email. No worries. I'll send them back immediately with a copy of my email reply. Bucci, I'll definitely fill out the survey if need be. Zoom, the shoe they were wanting me to test is the WR1123MC which I'm presuming is an update to the 1123/1124. Both shoes I have worn and really liked. Bummer you didn't get shoes to test you would actually want to buy. Maybe if you updated your profile on the site they would send you something better suited to your needs?
              I don't know...my profile says OPer. Not sure what their rationale is.  I think it's because I wear a wide. Perhaps they need more wide-footed wear-testers. That's the other weird thing--I never have received any sort of notification in-advance that I would get shoes. I'd simply get a box from NB R&D and all the testing info. inside.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

That is weird that you didn't get an email notification. I actually got two. One was stating that my NB Wear Test application had been activated and the second was letting me know I had been assigned to test #2640 and that my shoes would arrive in 3-5 days. Nice surprise for you though...having new shoes waiting for you! Big grin

Certifiably Insane

Thanks for posting that link, Slaptear. I just signed up today. Smile I looked around on the net for other companies doing the same thing, but no luck. Does anyone know of any others? I think I could enjoy that. I like trying different types of shoes. That's assuming my knee ever stops hurting, and I can actually run again. It's been almost a whole week. If you thought I was borderline insane before... Shocked Angry Undecided Tight lipped Roll eyes Tongue Roll eyes Surprised Black eye Confused Black eye Sad Angry Cry 8 Ball Surprised Undecided Cry No Cry Dead Undecided Tight lipped AngryBlack eye Evil grin Surprised Confused SleepyNotice none of them are smiling No Tight lipped Surprised Shocked Cry 8 Ball Roll eyes
                  On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
                  RunsForCake

Happy day! I got an email from the administrator and they still want me to test wear the shoes during whatever activities I am currently doing which is the seated elliptical, indoor bike, upper body strength and core work. The shoes came yesterday and I was too sad to even open them up thinking I'd be sending them back but I will now. *claps*
                    Hannibal Granite

slaptear - Thanks for posting that link, I signed up after I saw that link and got an e-mail today that I had been selected to be a wear tester.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Thanks for the feedback Bucci and Zoom. I did email the administrator for the test shoe but have not heard back from him yet. So you think they already sent the shoes? I would have thought they would have waited for a response to the email. No worries. I'll send them back immediately with a copy of my email reply.
                        I just started a NB test and if I recall they were not going to mail until after you responded to their email to confirm. I guess I got lucky, I just signed up last month and a few weeks later I was selected for their recent test.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!