What races are you currently registered for? (Read 1066 times)

April 21 ...local 10K May 26 Marathon Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City Michigan
    I am also doing the Bayshore but I am doing the 1/2. Have you done it before? The course looks like it will be beautiful!
    Elena
      I may register for this Half marathon. Heels and Hills Half Marathon Dudes can't win anything Cry , but this guy at one of the races I went to was telling me it had good a good ratio for single guys Wink

Vim

I plan to run my first marathon in the Fall, but I haven't registered yet. The options are the Atlanta Marathon (Nov 22, 2007 - Thanksgiving - Yikes), or the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon (Nov 10, 2007). I'll probably run the Chickamauga, because I may not be in town on Thanksgiving, and I'm not sure I want to run a marathon on Thanksgiving anyway!
          I registered for the America's Finest City Half Marathon last week. It's filling up fast!

Jennifer mm#1231

PWL

Has been

Mother's Day 5k with the local minor league baseball team (Portland SeaDogs) Beach to Beacon in August (Joan Benoit Samuelson's race) Big grin Maine Marathon in October

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

May: Bham Zoo 5k (first race with my wife) June: Xterra Sport Triathlon.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am also doing the Bayshore but I am doing the 1/2. Have you done it before? The course looks like it will be beautiful!
                I have heard that this race really is beautiful. Someday I think I would like to do the full marathon...once I get to the point where I am doing races of that distance. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, the Bayshore course looks nice. Plus, unlike the Cherry Fest 15k (which I recommend), they don't make you run across the peninsula on McKinley Rd (aka Mt. McKinley), which is pretty darn tough...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

shyrunner07

not really a race, but i'd love to do the annual Bridge Walk this year....Each year, i always think "man, that would be fun to do" but i never get around to actually making plans to be up there. They do have a lottery to select 300 people to run with the Governor at the beginning, but you have to complete an event endorsed by her council on fitness, and i can't seem to find anything in my area that would count.... http://www.mackinacbridge.org/annual-bridge-walk-7/ *just found the page with endorsed events and it looks like there are several around here that can be done....hmmm.* **double hmmm.....this race looks like fun...http://www.beatthegrandpa.8k.com/index.html and it supports our area zoo, which could sorely use the fundage. ***

Imminent Catastrophe

I plan to run my first marathon in the Fall, but I haven't registered yet. The options are the Atlanta Marathon (Nov 22, 2007 - Thanksgiving - Yikes), or the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon (Nov 10, 2007). I'll probably run the Chickamauga, because I may not be in town on Thanksgiving, and I'm not sure I want to run a marathon on Thanksgiving anyway!
                      I recommend the Chickamauga. It's a beautiful course thru the monuments in the Chickamauga Battlefield National Military Park, great support, excellent postrace food. Small and friendly. Oh, and it's fast, too.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I second the motion. Chickamauga is a great marathon. It is small, pretty and well managed. The course is a bit redundant, but that is the only negative. There was a fabulous post-race shmorgasbord. Chickamauga is also a great last long run for a certain November 18 marathon just up the road... Cool
                          I second the motion. Chickamauga is a great marathon. It is small, pretty and well managed. The course is a bit redundant, but that is the only negative. There was a fabulous post-race shmorgasbord. Chickamauga is also a great last long run for a certain November 18 marathon just up the road... Cool
                          I agree with these 2 about Chickamauga instead of the Thanksgiving day race. The half marathon and Thanksgiving day is well supported and has really grown over the last few years. The marathon normally has about 1000 runners but support is not teh greatest later in the morning as a lot of the people have gone to spend time with their families. I don't think it would be a great experience for your first marathon.
                          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

**double hmmm.....this race looks like fun...http://www.beatthegrandpa.8k.com/index.html and it supports our area zoo, which could sorely use the fundage. ***
                            That really DOES look fun! I think it's a week before the Seaway Run...might be kind of fun to do the zoo run, too. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Jame Joyce Ramble. It's this Sunday and my favorite 10k.
                              mikeymike

Jame Joyce Ramble. It's this Sunday and my favorite 10k.
                                Hmm. I was considering going to Groton on Sunday for the GP 10K but maybe I'll go to Dedham instead. Shorter ride, and I can register on site so it can be a gametime decision whether I go or not. Maybe I'll see you there, MC.

Runners run