What races are you currently registered for? (Read 1066 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hmm. I was considering going to Groton on Sunday for the GP 10K but maybe I'll go to Dedham instead. Shorter ride, and I can register on site so it can be a gametime decision whether I go or not. Maybe I'll see you there, MC.
    Sweet! I'm looking forward to it, although I'm in no racing form whatsoever. I did track last night with the club and sucked wind the entire way. The legs felt like bricks even though I was going slower. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered by fall that I can have one good race in this year.
      Nothing till Broad Street.

Michelle

mikeymike

Sweet! I'm looking forward to it, although I'm in no racing form whatsoever. I did track last night with the club and sucked wind the entire way. The legs felt like bricks even though I was going slower. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered by fall that I can have one good race in this year.
        One good race this year is all I'm looking for too. Smile I'll need to give myself a few pep talks if I want to run a 10k this Sunday. With my current fitness that is by far the most challenging distance, psychologically. I'd feel so much more confident racing a 5K or a Half Marathon...we'll see. Mentally, there's a chance I could suffer a blow to my ego. Physically it's probably the best thing I could do for myself, training-wise. I'm planning to run the 5K in Burlington on the 6th.

Runners run

I may register for this Half marathon. Heels and Hills Half Marathon Dudes can't win anything Cry , but this guy at one of the races I went to was telling me it had good a good ratio for single guys Wink
          I would love to run this - I would guess the scenery is pretty good. Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't allow for it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I have heard that this race really is beautiful. Someday I think I would like to do the full marathon...once I get to the point where I am doing races of that distance. Smile k
            I would LOVE to do the Bayshore full if I can work my up to that distance. Maybe next year! I think the course is an out and back so this year I'll be running the "back" portion. I would also like to do the MORE in NYC once I hit 40 (next June). I think it is run in March so I have almost 2 years to prep for it. My mom already said she would go with me and cheer me on if I decide to do it!
            Elena
              Not registered for yet.... Mayfest 2007 Run 1k 5k 10k in Fort Worth, Texas (aka FunkyTown) Event takes place the morning of May 5th. A racing bib gets you free admission to the festivities (May 3rd - May 6th). Smile

Vim

I would love to run this - I would guess the scenery is pretty good. Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't allow for it.
                Smile ---> Oh yes, the scenery Big grin Being on Sunday sort of kills it for me... Sad

Vim

Smile ---> Oh yes, the scenery Big grin Being on Sunday sort of kills it for me... Sad
                  Yeah, plus I'm running the Rock and Roll 5 Miler the day before at White Rock Lake. Plenty of scenery there too.

I just had to un-register from the Miami Man Half Ironman on Nov. 11, 2007 since my foot problems have not let up and this is the last week to get your money back. It's just to far of a distance and too much money to not be properly ready for. Needless to say, I am bummed Sad
                    va

I just had to un-register from the Miami Man Half Ironman on Nov. 11, 2007 since my foot problems have not let up and this is the last week to get your money back. It's just to far of a distance and too much money to not be properly ready for. Needless to say, I am bummed Sad
                      Sorry to hear that Shaunna. I hope you can get your foot problems sorted out soon. On the bright side, that's pretty cool that you can get your mony back. I have never seen a race that would offer refunds.
                        Yeah, actually I had just paid $10 to reserve my spot in case the race sold out. Since it is close to selling out, they are charging the rest of the $200 fee to commit all the reserved people on May 1st. I think it's a great idea to do it like that, it allows for some leeway with unexpected situations (like mine apparently!)
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...poo, stupid foot! I hope it gets better. If it does do you think you would be able to re-register in a few months? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's probably going to sell out in the next few weeks. Plus, for that kind of distance I'd have to start the training plan in July and since I currently have no base, I'm not even sure if I'd be ready for a serious training plan at that point. Don't want to get injured again (if I ever get un-injured that is!)
                              Sorry to hear it, Shaunna. Here's to a fast recovery for your foot/feet.

That totally bites!! Hope your foot problems get resolved ASAP!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson