What races are you currently registered for? (Read 1066 times)

Prophet!

Top three in each age group who passed runners in banana suits gets free Jamba Juice for a year. I need to get Jeff the Philosopher to run it for me so i can get my Jamba.
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

One good race this year is all I'm looking for too. Smile I'll need to give myself a few pep talks if I want to run a 10k this Sunday. With my current fitness that is by far the most challenging distance, psychologically. I'd feel so much more confident racing a 5K or a Half Marathon...we'll see. Mentally, there's a chance I could suffer a blow to my ego. Physically it's probably the best thing I could do for myself, training-wise. I'm planning to run the 5K in Burlington on the 6th.
      Rah rah! Goooooo Mike! If you can't do it no one can! I'm jogging the race so there's no pressure other than finishing. I think I can do that. I expect 6 minute miles from you Big grin I'll be doing the O'Brien race on the 6th. Any chance you would run that instead? There'll be plenty of Shamrocks there and I'm sure they would love to see you there too! You have to go and put Dan and Mike in their places. Oh, one of the Moulton twins ran the race last year. Beat everyone else by a good 5 minutes.
      Scout7

Alright, as of this moment, CIM, Baltimore Mary, Broad Street 10 miler, French Creek Trail Run, Philly Tri.....I think that's it.......
          I expect 6 minute miles from you Big grin
          Ahh, you've hit on one of my big fears of the 10k...the possibility of, right now, not being able to average sub 6's. I should just take my medicine. I'll probably do it if it works for the family. I wish it were a 9 a.m. start but it is what it is. Re: the O'Brien race, I really need to run a 5K or two so it's tough to pass one up that's so close to home. Maybe I'll just come over after the race for the beer Wink Casey and Pat run so many races that I'll have plenty of chances to have one or both of them beat me by 5 minutes... Modified to add: Looks like I won't be racing on the 6th at all (daugthers softball game moved from Sat to Sun) but I will plan to be at James Joyce, MC.

Runners run

You'll ruin your knees!

This is my major focus for the year...everything else is gravy... I'm registered for the 100 Mile event. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Member Since 2008

This is my schedule for the rest of the year: 5/5/07 Blossom Day Run 5K - Canon City, Co. 5/20/07 Survival Run 5K - Pueblo, Co. 6/9/07 Little Festival on The Prairie 5K - Pueblo West, Co. 6/16/07 Spriit Fest on The Riverwalk 5K - Pueblo, Co. 8/4/07 Moonlight Maddness 5M - Pueblo, Co. 9/23/07 Hot to Trot 5K - Pueblo, Co. 10/20/07 Harvest Festival 5M - Pueblo West, Co. 12/1/07 Rock Canon Half Marathon - Pueblo, Co. That should keep me busy and focused, until the wife tells me to spent more time at home.
                I'm registered for the San Francisco Marathon (July 29th), but planning to do these too: May 20th - Bay to Breakers Jun 3rd - Lake Chabot Trail Challenge (half marathon) Jun 17th - Woodminster XC race in Oakland (9 m) After that, I don't know.
                  I have the Casper WY. Marathon in June. In August I am a member of a six person team in a 195 mile relay race called Get Your Ass Over The Pass (Ft. Collins CO. to Steam Boat Springs CO.). After that I have the Las Vegas marathon in December.
                  "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
                  evillee

Not registered for any YET. Was going to try the Broad Street Run but I have a golf outing that day. Evil grin So I am going to focus on the Philadelphia Marathon. I have never run longer than 5k so I just have to decide if I will run the 8K, HM, or go nutz and try the marathon. We'll see. Considering that I have not run but a lick this week maybe I'll just watch it on T.V. Confused
                      I think that after Broad Street next Sunday I'll do this one... 3rd Annual Run for the Sparrow 5K Saturday, May 19, 2007 8:00 AM Valley Forge National Park Betzwood Park Valley Forge , PA

Michelle

Anyone doing this one? Charlie Horse Half Marathon Trail Race Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:00 AM Plowville,Pa - Westly Road Mohnton , PA

Michelle

Not registered for any YET. Was going to try the Broad Street Run but I have a golf outing that day. Evil grin So I am going to focus on the Philadelphia Marathon. I have never run longer than 5k so I just have to decide if I will run the 8K, HM, or go nutz and try the marathon. We'll see. Considering that I have not run but a lick this week maybe I'll just watch it on T.V. Confused
                          My very first race was the Philadelphia Marathon. I started running outside in June 2005 (ran on the treadmill for awhile before but not very long runs) and ran Philly in Nov 2005. Go for it I say!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Anyone doing this one? Charlie Horse Half Marathon Trail Race Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:00 AM Plowville,Pa - Westly Road Mohnton , PA
                            Hmmm my birthday weekend. I was looking at going camping (that may fit right in)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hmmm my birthday weekend. I was looking at going camping (that may fit right in)
                              I want to try trail running but this might be just bit too much for "trying" it. Doesn't mean I won't do it (I'm foolish enough to jump right into without testing the water) I just have to find someone to run with.

Michelle

I'll be at the Rock and Roll 5 Mile next Saturday and am seriously considering just registered for the North Trail Half Marathon on May 20.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?