Facebook Application Issues (Read 1113 times)

jfjunior

Hi,

I've started to use the Facebook app yesterday, however I noticed a few discrepancies as follows:

1 - Time is coming up as AM / PM for the last 4 entries, despite I use 24 hours clock on my log.

2 - Distance Stats is coming up blank, however I have logged a few hundred km in the last few weeks.

3 - Short day format does not allow for dd.MM.yy ie. 09.07.12, where 09 is the day and 07 is the month.

Thank you.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I wonder if I'm having similar issues.  I noticed that the day and time are uploading, but not the distance and pace anymore.  Only my notes about the workout are uploading.  The only way people can see the distance and pace is if they click on the actual workout link.

I am seeing the same things.  Only the notes are appearing on FB. 

"I aim to misbehave."

Feeling the growl again

I have been seeing this on other people's posts, but mine appear ok (to me).

I blame facebook.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've noticed this also. For example Spaniel's FB post show the distance, duration, and pace.

But, C-R's FB post does not.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I've noticed this also. For example Spaniel's FB post show the distance, duration, and pace.

But, C-R's FB post does not.

And C-R's appeared like mine until sometime last week...when I am sure facebook changed something...AGAIN..  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

eric :)

*sigh*  I have not changed the Facebook app in a long time.  Facebook continues to muck with their software and breaks compatibility with existing applications.  With all their new found money, you'd think they can put an engineer or two into maintaining compatibility.  I'm planning to overhaul the training log this fall.  Maybe I'll redo the app then.  I'm sure there'll be lots of swearing at FB and promising to pull the plug on the app if FB mess it up again.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Eric,

I know the FB app continues to be a thorn in your side, but it was the FB app that led me to the RA site. I don't know how many other users may have found RA through FB, but it may be something to consider.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

*sigh*  I have not changed the Facebook app in a long time.  Facebook continues to muck with their software and breaks compatibility with existing applications.  With all their new found money, you'd think they can put an engineer or two into maintaining compatibility.  I'm planning to overhaul the training log this fall.  Maybe I'll redo the app then.  I'm sure there'll be lots of swearing at FB and promising to pull the plug on the app if FB mess it up again.

I thought you had made a change to the app.  For months, it worked fine on my laptop, but the posts didn't show on my mobile device.  Now they are showing on both but just the time of day and notes.  

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Eric,

I know the FB app continues to be a thorn in your side, but it was the FB app that led me to the RA site. I don't know how many other users may have found RA through FB, but it may be something to consider.

It was also the FB app that made me realize that an acquaintance of mine from church that I see weekly was a regular contributor to RA (logs and blogs), and led to a great friendship.  His marathon training was noted by a mutual Facebook friend, and it lead to a few laughs when we realized we knew each other outside of RA.  We're now Facebook friends too.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

@fb719068589

I have not been able to save my last two runs in the FB app.  The time of day field looks like it shrank to one character, and the routes no longer come up in the pull-down list.  When I save, my miles for the week remain at zero.  I am using IE8 for my brower.  I tried clearing permissions, but nothing happened.  Thanks!

hermosu

I am having the same problem with my entries just showing up that I logged an entry but without the stats, noticed it starting last week - I have not changed anything so not sure what the issue is -

Ojo

Mine was working fine until this morning -- no stats just the RA info.  Sorry! 

Sara

MM #2929

MaureenT

Mine isn't saving nor publishing to FB today.  I've tried saving my run over and over again but it's not saving in RA nor is on FB.  same thing w/the time prompt..it is one character now but even if I leave it blank, nothing is saving when I click save

RunningLass

It started with me yesterday - i got in from a run and went to update it on Facebook and it wouldn't take it - i tried twice with no results showing.  I then went to the RunningAhead website and added it there, and it loaded on Facebook, but only a run entry no stats!  I did notice that the time option had changed - it now has an up and down for AM and PM and just was curious if that addition created a bug on Facebook.....  Please fix

thanks