This workout does not have a corresponding map or the map is private. (Read 615 times)

I tried syncing about 90 routes from my Garmin and it looks like some of them do not have corresponding maps. The 16 most recent ones have maps, but older ones aren't showing them. I change it to public and the maps still don't show.

Garmin Forerunner 305

Mac OSX Snow Leopard

FireFox 3.5.5

I tried syncing about 90 routes from my Garmin and it looks like some of them do not have corresponding maps. The 16 most recent ones have maps, but older ones aren't showing them. I change it to public and the maps still don't show.

Garmin Forerunner 305

Mac OSX Snow Leopard

FireFox 3.5.5

Hi

A forerunner has limited memory so after a while it starts deleting detail info from older activities.

When it does, depends on the length of the activities and the type of recording.

The lap data will be remained on the watch. I believe up to 1000 laps.

So if you want to import the detailed data from older activities i hope you have stored them on your pc or other site with an option to export. Then use the file import instead.

eric :)

Thanks Dirk!  That's a great answer.  I am including it in the FAQ.  Let me know if you prefer that I do not use it.

eric :-)

That makes sense. I've got them saved on my computer. This is going to be teeeedious to enter them.

Thanks!

eric :)

Not necessarily.  If you have them in Garmin Training Center, you can export all your data to a TCX file, then upload them via data file import.  The only catch is that you may have duplicates due to the existing data already in your log.

Thanks Dirk!  That's a great answer.  I am including it in the FAQ.  Let me know if you prefer that I do not use it.

eric :-)

Off course you can include it in the FAQ no problem at all

Dirk

edit:  In this tread there is written more about uploading from GTC to RA. I don't know if 1mb is still the maximum size.

I did the export from GTC to RA. Worked like a charm, I got all my maps now.