Treadmill recommendations (Read 83 times)

keepgoing

Hi,

Our old Landice 8700 finally bought the dust! Can you guys recommend a good replacement? Between my husband and myself we average 250 miles a week and are not interested in all the bells and whistles. Just something with an incline, miles, pace and time read out. Simple but well made.

Thanks,

Claire

I'm sure you'll get no shortage of opinions but a little more information might help.  Landice is pretty high end so I'm assuming your budget is generous.  I'm also trying to get my head around 250 miles a week...that means you're both running 125 miles a week?   I'm not sure there is a person in this community that logs anywhere near that kind of treadmill mileage so I'd posit that any opinion you get wouldn't be based on the kind of usage you're talking about.

Hi,

Our old Landice 8700 finally bought the dust! Can you guys recommend a good replacement? Between my husband and myself we average 250 miles a week and are not interested in all the bells and whistles. Just something with an incline, miles, pace and time read out. Simple but well made.

Thanks,

Claire

FSBD

I know of one married couple on here that are a very high mileage duo that do a whole lot of treadmill running and they have a Woodway. If it works for them it would probably meet your needs.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

You might also search the forum for previous threads on the topic. Like this one.

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/604ffbf8fd154096817e3f19006cbf16/0?pgctx=0Ckhav53E6fFbPwb40qUUVeF00

Dave

I'm not buying that mileage, unless there is a lot of walking going on with it, too.   I would recommend Landice L7.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Feeling the growl again

Anything cheaper/lower quality than a Landice will die in 2-3 years max with that kind of use, and when I say die, I mean wear out to the point replacing parts is no longer an option.

I used to run 2K/yr on my home treadmill.  I tried 3 brands and none made it over 3 years.  Many repairs on each.  NordicTrack was the worst, I went through 2 belts, 7 decks, numerous other small parts, and they refunded my money as a lemon when the board went in <18mo.  FWIW the couple with the Woodway also had a NordicTrack and they killed it pretty quickly too.

I would get a Landice.  If you are really putting that many miles on it it's a good investment and will be cheaper than going through several cheaper ones and having it unavailable while you are waiting for parts.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

paul2432

I know of one married couple on here that are a very high mileage duo that do a whole lot of treadmill running and they have a Woodway. If it works for them it would probably meet your needs.

This is funny (to me at least).  It's like someone looking for a luxury car and responding that a Rolls Royce Phantom would probably meet their needs.

kcam

The male half of that couple is currently at 3670 miles for the year (6:48 pace).🤯  If anyone needs a Rolls Royce Phantom it's THEM, and the OP as well.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

This is funny (to me at least).  It's like someone looking for a luxury car and responding that a Rolls Royce Phantom would probably meet their needs.

Well if the OP and her husband run 250 miles per week between them then they need a “Rolls Royce” treadmill and the Woodway is a very good option from what I’ve heard and read about them. The slat belt makes it very long lasting...but they’re quite expensive.

Ive only tried the self powered Woodway Curve and I loved brisk walking on it....but didn’t like any fast running as it was too hard to control!

I used to have a mid range Nordic treadmill ($700ish) but can’t remember the model. Never had any problems with it.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Runspotrun

Hi, I saw this question and signed up for the forum.  I've had a Noramco for over 10 years and it's been awesome.  I've never had to do any repairs to it, but they made it so that repairs are doable if needed.  Mine goes up to 15% incline and 12 MPH.  You can buy one that goes 15 mph and they also have some for sprinters/football that go 25 mph I think...30?  They are designed simply and are low tech, but indestructable.  Some other uses that give you an idea of their toughness...they are used for extremely heavy people (1000lbs)in a hospital setting, for 200 lb football players sprinting  (or running on my version), for extreme high use 24 hour gyms where the treadmills are never not being used.  Anyway as you can tell I love my tread.  They're made in Texas.

Hi,

Thanks,

Claire

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm considering getting a treadmill for, at least some, winter training runs. However, I don't have a place in the house where I can put it (basement ceiling too low, other rooms filled). Has anyone had any experience with a treadmill in a garage? I live in Michigan so it will get cold; the garage is unheated although I could add an insulated door. I looked at a few warranties and this will void the warranty.

I do have an option to use a treadmill at a club 15 minutes away but the round trip costs me 30 minutes in the morning and, when the weather really sucks, that might be 40 minutes...

Any experience or other thoughts are appreciated.

c_e_UofU

Coasting Carter

I'm considering getting a treadmill for, at least some, winter training runs. However, I don't have a place in the house where I can put it (basement ceiling too low, other rooms filled). Has anyone had any experience with a treadmill in a garage? I live in Michigan so it will get cold; the garage is unheated although I could add an insulated door. I looked at a few warranties and this will void the warranty.

I do have an option to use a treadmill at a club 15 minutes away but the round trip costs me 30 minutes in the morning and, when the weather really sucks, that might be 40 minutes...

Any experience or other thoughts are appreciated.

Insulate the garage and I think you'll be okay. Winters where I live get down to about 10 degrees and I just added some insulation to my garage and I've been fine. I still run long sleeves and track pants though.

c_e_UofU

Coasting Carter

If you have questions about any particular brand or model of treadmill just use review sites. They get tested, and these sites usually can answer questions you haven't thought to ask yet. https://www.treadmillreviews.com/