Full Screen Maps (Read 843 times)

Go Pre!

It would be nice to have the option to view the map / route full screen for more clarity. I share my maps with a bunch of people and it is sometimes hard to understand the more convoluted routes with all the zooming and hand tooling needed. Maybe this is an option that I am not seeing now? thx Dave
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jeffrey

Map Route in Full screen -- that would be nice!
      eric :)

This should be included in the next release of the mapping tool. My friend is working on this for me and hopefully it'll be out by Christmas.

Go Pre!

OK, everyone altogether... ERIC ROCKS! Smile

Looking gooooood ;p

Eric, on the subject of maps...have you seen MAPMYRUN.com?? No, I am not thinking of defecting Wink but it does have a nice feature which can display a hybrid map. This is great for those who like to stray from the beaten track (like me). However, I will say that although it looked good, the route mapping tool was far less intuitive than yours (I'm an engineer, the last thing I do is read instructions...) and for some reason my laptop froze whenever I tried to save Angry ....I'm sure you can improve on this........ Thanks for all your good work Cheers, Phil
            The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

RunningAhead has always had hybrid maps. And satellite. And topographic. And USGS satellite. And may soon have others. Always. Since long before MapMyRun even existed. Wink All you have to do is select these from the dropdown box at the top, where the default is set to "map". Eric, this comes up fairly often. I wonder if the interface could somehow be made more obvious.
              eric :)

Hi guys, This does come up often. The reason I moved the buttons off the map is that I have additional map types on top of the standard 3 that Google offers. Having all these buttons on the map will make the usage area quite small. In the next release of the mapping tool, there will be an addtional type as well. I opted to use a drop down box to allow for map selection. To make it more obvious, I changed the word "map" to "street map" for the next release. Hopefully this will be a little more obvious. eric Smile

Looking gooooood ;p

All you have to do is select these from the dropdown box at the top, where the default is set to "map". .
                  Like I said - I'm an engineer, I never read instructions Wink
                  The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....