Barkley (Read 687 times)

That was a good read.

Runners run

How long before we can do a Virtual Barkley?

Dave

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow.

Just. Wow.

And also heart breaking.

Wow.

HermosaBoy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Kalsarikännit

You know this race has gotten big when your #BM100 updates on Twitter are in multiple languages going out to followers around the world.

Side note, the yellow gate is now pink.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The pink gate was a majestic photoshop job.

I've been hooked on the twitter since yesterday. Smile

Kalsarikännit

The pink gate was a majestic photoshop job.

They got me.  They said there were park updates and I figured a fresh coat of paint.

I need to narrow down the stuff that I’m reading, mainly because 98% of the stuff out there is people saying “boy, I could never do that”.  No shit.  That’s kind of the point.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, and pix of cats.

There are loads of "experts" every year on Twitter, folks who had not heard of the race until 2 weeks before and who watched one of the movies.

There are also loads of posts from women who suggest this or that friend of theirs give it a shot, noting that they just need a bad ass woman to run and finally a woman would finish. As if somehow all the women who have started and not finished are themselves not bad asses.

I've been commenting some, and snarking some. People take this VERY seriously.

Kalsarikännit

There are also loads of posts from women who suggest this or that friend of theirs give it a shot, noting that they just need a bad ass woman to run and finally a woman would finish. As if somehow all the women who have started and not finished are themselves not bad asses.

Srsly.  Or the “this is an exceptional athlete, so...”.  They clearly aren’t following along close enough if they think all you have to do is be a good runner to get this done.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One dude seriously could not understand why folks run the nighttime loops more slowly, and wondered if maybe they were all just going out too fast.

And then John Kelly quit after 2 laps because it was no longer "fun". Wha?

Kalsarikännit

One dude seriously could not understand why folks run the nighttime loops more slowly, and wondered if maybe they were all just going out too fast.

And then John Kelly quit after 2 laps because it was no longer "fun". Wha?

Which means that he, a previous finisher, once had fun at this.  Unreal.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

NorthNorthwest

I mostly just follow updates from @keithdunn on Twitter. He knows the race very well and does a fantastic job. None of the nonsense banter from the hashtag. He sometimes retweets others with good posts. Also some cat content, if that's your thing.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

This happens every damn year and it annoys me every damn year.

Also, I had no idea the Barkley was even going on since I'm no longer on social media.  This is one of the few times I wish I wasn't quite so disconnected.

Running is dumb.