New courses & maps Garmin 305 Forerunner (Read 648 times)

Eric,

I hope I can explain this problem properly! I am doing quite a few new routes of late (I'm increasing distances in preparation for the London Marathon) but I can't seem to get the new routes to remember the map.

I upload my session via the 305 and then save the data typing in the name of the new course. All fine. When I come to review the workout I can click on the map tab and there the map is. But when I later go to my list of routes and click on the new route I have just done, the map isn't there, the page is blank. I can click on "edit" and put the details of terrain and distance in but the map section below is set to my default location ready to map a new route.

If you go to any of my courses without the little globe symbol by them and try to view, the map isn't there. But if you click on the course and get a list of workouts, the map is saved.

This only seems to have become a problem in the past 6 months or so. Am I doing something stupid?

Thanks

Andy

eric :)

Hi Andy,

The code no longer allows you to have duplicate course names.  Here's what you can do.

1. save the map under a different name (e.g. "my new course")

2. delete the course that you want to associate the map with

3. you will be prompted to reassign the workouts to a different course

4. assign the workouts to the new course (e.g. "my new course")

Works like a charm! Thanks very much Eric.

Oops! Looks like I spoke too soon. It worked the other day but now I can't delete a course. I get the "message from webpage" asking if I'm sure I want to delete this entry. I click on yes and the page re-loads but the course doesn't get deleted and I don't get the system prompt to re-assign the runs. I'm using IE8 on XP if that helps but I get the same result using Google chrome. For reference, the course I'm trying to delete is "Work Four Mile via Gills Canal 1st" and I want to re-assign the runs to "Work 4 mile via Gills canal first". I realise I'm probably doing something silly.

Thanks for your help.

Andy,

Did you delete the wrong course?  I don't see "Work 4 mile via Gills canal first" on your list.  The log does not prompt you to reassign if no workouts are associated with the course.  I suspect that's what happened.

eric :-)

It is there. Half way down page 2.   The one with the runs against it is about 5 from the bottom, that's the one I wish to delete.

It's there now but wasn't before.  I saw "Work 4 mile via Gills canal 1st".  The course now has a map so I assume you sorted everything out?