What a crazy world we live in!! (Read 1095 times)

Cause I CAN

9°F this morning...in Georgia! 9° in Georgia is really cold! Plus, it was windy. We ain't used to that here in these parts.
    no kidding! Sad cant stand winter...wont think twice to run when its 100 degrees but theres just no sense in this
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
      It was 29 and windy here in the Tampa area Wednesday night/Thursday morning,That's darn cold for us. It did make it into the mid 50's by Thursday afternoon. I did a track workout Thursday night and it was about 45 and windy, still cold for us here, we had a good turnout at the track. Winter here is a great time to run and enter races. By this weekend it will be back to a high of about 75, thats much better. Dan

jfa

Set my PB for temp this morning by the Jersey Shore at 12f ! Shocked

Yesterday here in Michigan it was 2F, today we are having a heat wave at 20F. There is about a foot of snow on the ground but the roads are clear. I'll take a cold winter run any day over heat and humidity. Tom
          ijeepgirl

It's 55 F but the wind is gusting to 36 mph here in OOOOOOKLAHOMA........where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.....and the waving wheat can sure smell sweet.....la la la la dee daa so the wind chill factor makes it feel like 49. sheesh, this is killin my training. Anyone else in Okla. City?

I got my hair highlighted because I felt some strands were more important than others. :)

Currently 73 but cloudy. High today is 77. Within the last few minutes wind has Picked up from the NE to abt 15 mph. Gotta love SE Florida!
              Rachel

Top 'O the World!

44* F/53% H light breeze here (CO frontrange)....couple short miles away, Winter Storm Warning!! WOO-HOO!!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Beatin' on the Rock

Believe it or not, I would NEVER want to live in Phoenix. I love Maine! We live on three acres in the woods, adjacent to the Royal River. In the winter, it is indescribably gorgeous. Actually, in the summer, it is, too. Those scenes in the LL Bean catalogs are shot just a few miles from our house. We've lived here 12 years, and every time I go to the mailbox, I think, "I can't believe we get to live here!" I also love running in cold weather - that's why I'm trying to build up my base before I "have" to run when it's 70 degrees - ych! I guess that's why I moved from Texas to Maine, lol. Teresa
                  You sound like me, only I live in SouthWest Florida,on the Myakka River; it was drop-dead gorgeous here today, 79*, light breeze off the Gulf. Big grin The trail I run is laden with palm trees along the river, green and serene... several boat manufacturers shoot their commercials here! My daughters both play beach volleyball, we all dive, skimboard, kayak, so Maine is out! Every part of the country has its beauty, I think.
                  Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

You sound like me, only I live in SouthWest Florida,on the Myakka River; it was drop-dead gorgeous here today, 79*, light breeze off the Gulf. Big grin The trail I run is laden with palm trees along the river, green and serene... several boat manufacturers shoot their commercials here! My daughters both play beach volleyball, we all dive, skimboard, kayak, so Maine is out! Every part of the country has its beauty, I think.
                    Yes, it's a good thing we don't all like the same thing, or it would be awfully crowded in one tiny part of the country!
                    Rundadrun27

32 degrees up here in Winnipeg, Canada. Feels almost like spring time. Too bad I had to work today. It's not too often I can run outdoors in January.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's just no courtesy for runners/walkers/cyclists anymore. And how bout those yeawhos that hang out the window and scream at you as they pass by?!? Grrr! Angry
                        It's really sad, isn't it? I think a LOT of it is jealousy...people who see us out there working our tails off. When I was obese and inactive I used to dislike runner and cyclists, too (though I never was rude and still gave them plenty of room). I thought they were uppity jocks. I about shat my pants last Summer when some knob blasted an airhorn as I ran past a marina. Angry Even when I get hollered at it breaks my reverie and makes me jump. I hate that. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and tomorrow's forecast was originally for high of 57º (what a change from a few days ago). I shaved my legs and planned to don a skirt tomorrow. But now the high is back down to below 50º...just a little chilly for bare legs. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

IDK, today it was 50F here, and I over dressed! Wish I would had worn shorts and a long sleeve shirt instead of pants! So, I have a dumb question, are running skirts lined? Like with compression shorts or something? I have seen people wear them-but I have never seen them in my local running store to investigate. For myself: I would worry about chaffing issues if they weren't lined... Undecided

...And I do.

Hey, Knifey, really cute dog! Well, the temp here has been super cold for Northern CA in the low 30's during the day. Too cold for me to run outside. I don't know how you guys in the midwest - northeast -- do it! Reluctantly running on the TM until spring. DANG! Wink

Maggie & Molly

it was in the upper 40's here in MA with minimal wind. Made for a perfect long run. No need for layers or skin tight winter gear, just plain old pants, shirt and vest and off I went. Simply wonderful....but definately not typical....

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363