What a crazy world we live in!! (Read 1095 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a dumb question, are running skirts lined? Like with compression shorts or something? I have seen people wear them-but I have never seen them in my local running store to investigate. For myself: I would worry about chaffing issues if they weren't lined... Undecided
    Not a dumb question at all, since tennis skirts often have nothing under them (apparently one would wear some sort of separate brief under). I think all running skirts are going to have either a brief or a compression short (some tri skirts also are unlined, since tri athletes often wear specialized chamois shorts for the cycling portion). YMMV. I personally prefer the briefs, since the compression shorts always seem to ride up on me and end up like a boy-cut brief, anyhow. I still use Body Glide to avoid "chub rub," but it's still not nearly the issue it is with regular running shorts. I would get wicked fabric bunching and it felt and looked awful. I'm a total skirt convert.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Not a dumb question at all, since tennis skirts often have nothing under them (apparently one would wear some sort of separate brief under).
      Unless one were into giving free shows, like Britney Spears or Sharon Stone. Roll eyes

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Unless one were into giving free shows, like Britney Spears or Sharon Stone. Roll eyes
        Eww on both counts! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Maggie & Molly

Target has some nice running shorts in their fitnes section - made my Champion I believe. You could look at them there. I've ordered some from NB Balance and also from Runningskirts.com (they have a regular length for the compression short and an 'athletic' length that is longer)

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

kcam

I'm from NorCal area (San Jose) where typically in the winter it's about 50 or so degrees but can get down into the 40's so not used to cold weather as most people in this country know it. But over Christmas my wife and I did a one week driving vacation through Southern Utah (Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce to Capitol Reef to Arches to Mon Valley and back to LV) and I ran at everyone one of those places. Bryce Canyon was the coldest weather at 2 deg F! I found out that what passes for cold weather running gear in CA doesn't even come close to cutting it at 2 deg! At Bryce I only did about two miles before I headed back in! But, having said that, after some time at sub 20 deg weather you really get used to it quickly. By the time our vacation was over, 28 deg weather felt downright warm!
              It was hight 50 today. Not too shabby. ( East of DC, south of Annapolis, MD, near the bay ) I did not run today, as I'm putting my kitty down tomorrow and did not want to leave him.... My loss. I may take MOnday off to run off some steam ......

- Anya

Imminent Catastrophe

Anya, so sorry about your kitty.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Thanks PerfesserR He's 19. Ive had him since I was 22, and I'm 40. The vet is coming to the house. He has a tumor, but does not really seem that bad. We're doing it before he gets really bad. ( been there too many times before ) I am not looking forward to it.... Cry

- Anya