Reedy River 10k (Read 408 times)

Me and my RP

It was over before I knew it. I ran a total of 6 miles (2 three mile runs) since the marathon 2 weeks ago so I was going into this just hoping to finish without struggling. I woke up this morning at 6 thinking about not even going. I wasn't in the 'mood' to run. Also, I managed to hurt a muscle in my side, near my ribs last week. It's still smarting and hurts when I twist, etc. I kept thinking, you haven't run much of anything in the last 2 weeks and now you're going to just hop out and race 6.2 miles? Nahh, go back to sleep. Well, the runner in me finally perked up and I decided at 7 am to go. It was far colder this morning than I had anticipated. I was really missing the fleece vest I had to dump at the marathon. I ended up wearing capri tights and a tech jacket. I stood at the start line FREEZING. They started off right at 9 am. The first mile felt amazing. I kept thinking to myself, this feels soooo good! Miles 2 and 3 flew by, despite the nagging in my side. That hurt muscle wasn't liking the run but I hardened up and ignored it. I didn't even realize we had made it to the halfway point until I was passing the mile 4 sign That's usually a good indication that you're having a good run. Yeah, until the beginning of mile 6. Can you say HILL?!?! Holy moly! I went from a 8:04 min/mile to 9:05 min/mile thanks to that lovely hill. So like I said, it was done before I even knew it. 52:24 garmie time. No official time posted yet. I think the time on the clock was 52:53 when I went across the line. I was just hoping to finish. This was my first 10k so I guess it's a PR either way LOL Thanks for reading! Start line- FREEZING My "Dee-Dee-Dee" pose. Not sure what I was going for here..
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, that second photo has me LOL...I have a few like that from races, too! You ran very fast for someone having such a good time. NICE race so soon after your awesome marathon, girl! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Me and my RP

OMG, that second photo has me LOL...I have a few like that from races, too! You ran very fast for someone having such a good time. NICE race so soon after your awesome marathon, girl! Smile
        I know, I cracked up when I saw that pic. I thought perhaps I should just keep that pic to myself but hey, that'll be proof that I can be goofy..even if I'm not trying to beSmile Thanks! I enjoyed the run very much and it was nice to do something quick after the marathonSmile

Another Passion

I thought the pics were great. Good race, Mar! Especially considering the training plan you so painstakingly followed! Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I thought the pics were great. Good race, Mar! Especially considering the training plan you so painstakingly followed! Big grin
            Hehe. I'm following a similar post-marathon "training plan". Nice job in the race, Marion - and good job getting rolling after not feeling like getting out there.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?