2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

AceHarris

brew: it is true that I am slacking at TRX and imaginary friendships and I apologize.

I'm trying to keep up here.

I had 48ish miles last week with a 25 minute tempo at 6:34 pace, 10x400 hills, and a 16 mile long run at 7:52, otherwise it was all easy miles.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Running Problem

Problem Child

brew: it is true that I am slacking at TRX and imaginary friendships and I apologize.

I'm trying to keep up here.

I had 48ish miles last week with a 25 minute tempo at 6:34 pace, 10x400 hills, and a 16 mile long run at 7:52, otherwise it was all easy miles.

I honestly didn't expect you to check in today so it was a cheap shot.  Everyone has everything going on outside of online friends to check in on. Plus when not racing or training things get in the way. I'm just poking at the TRX because even keen said he was going to start doing something more than running and hasn't. Your long run looked really good. didn't you run 2:57 in 2017 for your BQ time? oh and you're a PT. Any idea of what I can do for tight groin muscles? something better than "stretch more " would be helpful.

dwave read the race report. It sounds like it went well and doing Richmond was good even if just mentally. Sounds like you had a great team pulling for you to get healthy. Course description from others sound like the CIM description over in Sub 3 from a week or two ago. You said it beat you up. Someone else said it's pretty flat. It's unfortunate you're not planning on getting hit by another truck (I laughed at that one) because you already know the recovery plan. Like running the second marathon saying "okay I know what I did wrong the first time. Get well with that PT. \

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Rovatti - Good week. Do you have your own hex bar and weights, or is that at a gym? I've also heard about those being good for runners and am thinking about trying to pick one up (used, preferably!).

I use weights at the gym....even the hexbar by itself weighs a ton.  Living in a Manhattan apt, I don't have room for an extra saucer.

100 miles?  Holy crap.  (I recall Beryl pulled that off recently too)

berylrunner

Rick

Wow Keen, another huge week.

Brew, solid week.  The 10k streak is a running club challenge with big money to the winner ($20).  No Rest November is going strong with 12 still in it.  When it hits Sudden Death December, 1k is added each day.  I expect it to go into mid December.  The trouble is that is easy to do just the minimum effort.   I don't want to change my plans around the challenge,  so we will see what happens.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Running Problem

Problem Child

Wow Keen, another huge week.

Brew, solid week.  The 10k streak is a running club challenge with big money to the winner ($20).  No Rest November is going strong with 12 still in it.  When it hits Sudden Death December, 1k is added each day.  I expect it to go into mid December.  The trouble is that is easy to do just the minimum effort.   I don't want to change my plans around the challenge,  so we will see what happens.

TWENTY BUCKS!?!?!? You could put a lot of punishment on people to do a Christmas 35K. Heck, I might be willing to burn some annual leave at work to get a 20K in on a Tuesday just to stay in it. Put that $20 in a $50 frame and have everyone sign it that started the challenge.

EDIT:

PJ you losing power up in your neck of the woods or are the bases well equipped and not supplied by PG&E?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

berylrunner

Rick

87 mile week.  Long run of 40 on trails.  Still having trouble with the lungs and a little foot stress.  Both manageable with slow pace.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

beryl - nice miles again! and a 40mi LR!

my week:

M: 7 easy + weights

T: 8 with intervals 3 x (1000, 800) at about 6:05

W: 6 easy

Th: rd

F: 8 on TM with bounding intervals

S: 10 easy

S: spin (90min)

total = 39

Hey to all y'all

OMR

Started training for the Black Canyon 100K this week...

Week 1 of 13:

M: 7.4
                  T: 7.1
                  W: Rest
                  T: 6
                  F: 6.4
                  S: Rest
                  S: 14

Total: 40.9M.

...or...

one run for Beryl

darkwave

Mother of Cats

beryl -  a 40mi LR!

What he said...

Rovatti - so good to see you putting up consistent weeks.  OMR - good to have you posting as well.

My week:

25 miles and 31 "miles" of pool-running
                    M: 10 "miles" pool-running.
                    T: 7 "miles" pool-running, 8x30 seconds jog, 30 seconds walk, and shoulder PT.
                    W: 6 "miles" pool-running, 10x30 seconds jog, 30 seconds walk, and core work at gym.
                    Th: 8 "miles" pool-running, 8x60 seconds jog, 30 seconds walk, very light upper body strength and core.
                    F: 3 miles very easy (9:19), yoga, and 4 miles (8:45)
                    Sa: 8 miles very easy (8:52), light upper body strength and core.
                    Su: 10 miles very easy (9:02) and running drills, leg injury prevention work, and yoga.

Shoulder continues to improve every day - I'm extremely fortunate.  Managed to do a 10 second plank today, which doesn't sound like much but is huge to me.

My "explain it to a two year old" understanding of what is going on is that a muscle in my shoulder/back (the serratus anterior) decided to stop talking to the rest of my body.  Since that muscle stabilizes the shoulderblade, if the muscle decides to stop doing its job, then the shoulder blade gets all out of whack and sticks out.  And since the shoulderblade isn't where it should be, the shoulder joint itself can't function.  But the good news is - I just need to get that serratus anterior muscle to start listening to my brain again.  All the muscles are still good and strong - it's just a matter of redoing the wiring, and then everything comes back to life.  Which is why I'm progressing so quickly.  We don't need to strengthen anything, we just need to convince the serratus anterior to do its job again and to obey when my brain sends an order.

The body is neat.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

Was actually down in San Diego.  Well, Escondido/Ramona but flew into San Diego.  Was camping until we got too much snow (too much snow in San Diego can’t possibly be right).  Then barracks, which actually didn’t have power when we moved in Tuesday night wet and dark from the wet campground.  Fun stuff, though.  No time for runs.  A bit of that poison oak down there...

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

rov I'd consider 6:05/mi pace pretty awesome with everything you're dealing with.

beryl 40 miles....no ultra marathons nearby last weekend, or are you just trying to save money for Black Friday shopping/December lotteries?

omr Black canyon is pretty flat isn,t it? (checks website) on second thought, 5,000+ gain and 7,000+ loss. yeah that's going to require some hill training. What's the plan for peak miles? 40 mile long run? Those last two climbs look painful. 40-50 miles in and you have to climb 500 ft in a mile? UFF DAH!

dwave any understanding of why the two stopped communicating? Can the shoulder muscle just get pissed off like a teenager and stop listening sometimes?

pj Sandy Eggo snow? Fake news.

My Week:

Lots of CIM dreams and some planning. Still no clue where I'll have dinner or who I'll meet.

M 6.5 easy

Tu: 4x1.5 @ 6:40/mi

W: 6.5 E

Th: 10 @ 6:45-6:50/mi. Last mile 6:32.

Fr: 6.5 easy

Sa: birthday party cupcakes and waffles. 6.0 Easy

Su 10 easy mostly uphill. Paused my Garmin so 1.5 miles weren't recorded

60 miles for the week.

Now I have a weird pain/tightness in my right hamstring. It might be from sitting a lot yesterday with my feet above my hips. Either that or it's taper pains. CIM clothes cleaned, weather checked, and shoes broken in. All I need to do is pack my bag for CIM and triple check it between now and next Saturday and I should be good to go. It is going to be weird to have so many days off and be tapering. It's been 2 years so it feels new and I'm going to convince myself this isn't the time to start a new project. The 10K Thursday should be very cold (below 30) for the race. I'll probably do like dwave was planning for Indy and bundle up with tights and cold gear up top.

Oh and my drive to CIM is forecasted to include snow, sleet and ice. glad I have 4wd so I don't need to get out and put chains on (California requirement) like my coworker said he did one year coming home.

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Beryl - Heck of a LR! This place had been as quiet as a tomb until you posted.

Rovatti - Good week, you've been nicely consistent lately. Speedy interval work, too.

OMR - Not a bad start. I'll be looking forward to seeing how to you.

DWave - Very glad the shoulder is improving the way it is.

Brew - Nice taper week. Still planning on ~6:30/mi for the 10k?

Me:
                          M: 16 (20 min T, 15 min T, 4.5E, 10 min T), 3.15 easy double
                          T: 11 easy plus 3.15 easy double
                          W: 11 easy plus 3.15 easy double
                          Th: 12.5 easy plus 3.15 easy double
                          Fr 4 easy
                          Sa: 20.5
                          Su: 2.5 easy
                          90.45 total

EVERYONE in my house is getting sick - except me, so far. DD1 & 2 were sick the previous weekend and missed a couple days of school, then DD2 woke up with an ear infection Thursday night and DD3 woke up with Croup. Missed a planned workout Friday because of this and took off work to take DD2 & 3 to the doctor.
                          DD2 is better, DD3 is still fighting it, and DW woke up with a really scratchy/weak sounding voice this morning. I hate that all my girls are getting sick and thankful that I'm not, but if it's going to happen please let it happen before Dallas!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

AceHarris

dwave: agreed, the body is neat. glad to hear you are recovering!

brew: time for taper madness! Nice consistency the last few weeks. Things are looking good.

Beryl: solid work!

OMR and Rov: nice weeks as well.

Keen: I'd need full time PT at your current mileage. 60mpw seems like my doable max.

My Week
                            46ish miles, had to move some things around and my LR was pushed to Sunday, so shortened it with upcoming 5k this week

M: 8 easy and strides

T: overslept and overworked

W: 2 easy, 30:00 Tempo (6:34), 2 easy - total 8.5

T: 4 easy on grass

F: 2 easy, 13 x 200 hills (supposed to be 12, but can't count), short cool down for time. Felt very sluggish. Total of 6 miles

S: 8 easy and strides. Got up to run at 5am, finished stretching then it started downpouring so did abs/glutes then ran after work

S: 12 easy

This turkey day 5k will be interesting. I really have no speed at the moment. Just some endurance. Sub 19 will be a really good day I think. May be ugly. Kind of hoping for a rain out.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew - Nice taper week. Still planning on ~6:30/mi for the 10k?

EVERYONE in my house is getting sick - except me, so far. DD1 & 2 were sick the previous weekend and missed a couple days of school, then DD2 woke up with an ear infection Thursday night and DD3 woke up with Croup. Missed a planned workout Friday because of this and took off work to take DD2 & 3 to the doctor.
                              DD2 is better, DD3 is still fighting it, and DW woke up with a really scratchy/weak sounding voice this morning. I hate that all my girls are getting sick and thankful that I'm not, but if it's going to happen please let it happen before Dallas!

90 miles? Seriously? jeeze.

Yeah. It might actually be slower than calculated 10K pace based off training, but I'm not sure I want to 100% race a 10K with zero practice, and it might be icy with the week being filled with moisture falling from the sky for the next three days.

It will be so cold I might want it over sooner than later. DW said she might not go due to the cold and her family members not actually being signed up. I don't understand why people say "yeah we're doing _____" then not actually signing up or paying. Some of us might not have signed up if we knew you weren't ACTUALLY doing it.

VDOT 53.37 

Katia77

Dwave- great that it's healing quickly!

Brew - getting close! Hopefully the tightness goes away.

Keen - Sorry about the kids.. I feel ya on everyone getting sick..

I ran a whole almost 5 miles last week. Decided that resting this AT issue is the only way to go since it was a sharp pain thing. i'll probably still run the San Antonio half if at all possible, but I'll see on any full marathons.. dry needling seems to be helping though, and it IS getting better. I've been doing spinning and yoga, too.  Also, I'm running on zero sleep because my kids both decided to come down with a stomach bug beginning at precisely 2am on Sunday morning. .so between an ER visit because the 8 month old is 15 lbs and I was worried about dehydration and the 3 year old throwing up all over me about as soon as I got home.. it was an eventful day.

PRs: HM: 1:32:59 (2015); FM: 3:18:36 (2017)