2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

YES!  He does IT!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Freaking awesome, Brew.  Huge congratulations.  Now you need to get a new half PR that isn't half of a full!

kcam

Congrats BR!

Brew's going to Beantown!!!!    VERY NICE RACING!

Running Problem

Problem Child

This might be the shortest, non-vulgar race recap ever. It’s pretty much “I started out at goal pace, ran for like 2.5 hours before realizing I don’t remember much and then I crossed the finish line.”

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

Everyone I'm tracking sped up significantly on the 1.1K from 20K to the HM mark!  Can't remember if that's a DH coming in to the half mark but for sure there's a lot of people, as well as a relay exchange point, so you get some adrenalin going through there.  BR was under 1:30 for the half.

I think that is some bullshit calculation. No way did I speed up to 6:33/mi pace. 20K is what...12.5 miles? Either the distances were off, or something was rolling hills then pretty flat with a median in the middle, relay exchange on the right and cones squishing everyone together.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Freaking awesome, Brew.  Huge congratulations.  Now you need to get a new half PR that isn't half of a full!

That’s a thing? I figured double dipping was better.  Cost effective to do it in one race. Plus I can tell people how it’s TOTALLY acceptable to PR your half in the first half of a marathon.

Keen you ready? You’re the last source of entertainment for this crew for the year. I don’t want to hear any excuses about how the weather wasn’t good enough or you didn’t have a pace group to ride along with.

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Brew - YES! Awesome job snagging those big PRs.

Beryl - How's the progressive streak going?

I'm totally ready to run the marathon of my life, but the weather is supposed to be mid-40s to start, partly cloudy, with slight wind, and negligible rain chances. So totally not PR weather...

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

OMR

My week (3 of 13)

M: Rest (had a bout of vertigo that lasted a couple of days)
                    T: Rest
                    W: 3.3M w/3 x (0.25M @ 0%, 3%, 0%, -3%)
                    T: 9.6M
                    F: 3.3M 0:30 w/3 x (0.25M @ 0%, 3%, 0%, -3%)
                    S: 10M
                    S: 20M with hills: 11M with 11 x (0.5M @ 0%,-3%), then a 2M hill (0% ---> 9%, 9% ---> 0%), then 7M with 0.7M @ 9%, 8%, 7%,...,0%)

Total: 46.2M. elevation gain/loss: 2492'/1225'

berylrunner

Rick

Dang Brew, you nailed it, well done.

Got an 80 mile week with over 6000 gain.  Got in at 3am after helping with the race and was just dragging all morning.   Decided on dropping out of the competition,  but still got out and continued the 10k run streak.  7th place. I won a dollar.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Running Problem

Problem Child

omr and beryl:

See the source image

EDIT: If I type my HM PR from yesterday into a calculator online/spreadsheet it says I could run a 3:06 marathon. Weird.

VDOT 53.37 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I'm totally ready to run the marathon of my life, but the weather is supposed to be mid-40s to start, partly cloudy, with slight wind, and negligible rain chances. So totally not PR weather...

Oh wow.  I am so sorry dude.  Can you defer?

My week: 60 miles, 18 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards of swimming
                          M: Yoga and 8 "miles" pool-running.
                          T: 12 miles, including 8 hill repeats of 60-70 seconds each, with ~2:30 jogging recovery after. Followed with leg strengthwork. Shoulder PT appt in afternoon.
                          W: 8 miles very easy (9:12), yoga, 4 miles very easy (8:49), followed by drills and 4 hill strides
                          Th: Upper body weights/core and 10 "miles" pool-running
                          F: 12 miles, including a track workout of 3200, 1600 in 12:59 (6:34/6:25) and 6:16. Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards swimming.
                          Sa: 10 miles very easy (9:06), drills and four strides, upper body weights/core.
                          Su: 14 miles progressive, split as first 4 averaging 8:44, next 6 averaging 7:40, last 4 averaging 7:04. Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards swimming.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

AceHarris

I was so excited for brew, I forgot to drop off my week.

50 miles and some turnover in the legs!

M: 8 easy and strides (7:59)

T: 10 : 2 up, 2 x 20:00 tempo (6:35), 2 down - felt solid, HR in the low 160s for tempo, which is about right. Making progress.

W: off

T: 2 up, 16 x 100 hills, 2 down - this is usually nothing interesting, but I got into the sub-5:00 realm on a couple hills and it was just great to feel some speed in the legs again!!

F: 8 easy (7:57)

S: 16 "easy" (7:30) - Ran with 5 other people, all sub-3:00 marathoners and we got going a little too quick. Felt good, though. Didn't plan on it, but went to breakfast afterwards. I didn't have a change of clothes or wallet.  So one guy had to buy my breakfast and another lent me his coat because I was shivering in the restaurant. So imagine a pretty skinny, shivering guy with messy hair from the run. It was humorous. I imagine some people in the restaurant thought my friends were just doing a good deed.

S: rest

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

OMR

Brew:  Conversely, if you enter your marathon PR into the McMillan calculator, your HM equivalent is 1:25.  So...maybe you should do something about that.  ;-)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew:  Conversely, if you enter your marathon PR into the McMillan calculator, your HM equivalent is 1:25.  So...maybe you should do something about that.  ;-)

Here is what I can come up with:

1. Stop using calculators.

2. Run ultra marathons so my times look more realistic because longer races are better indicators of performance.

3. Call Mr. McMillan and inform him there is an error in his equation.

4. Run a half marathon to show prove the internet wrong.

VDOT 53.37