2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

pepperjack

pie man

Brew - just the mendo 50k so far.  I was on the quicksilver waitlist last year, but there wasn’t much movement.  Also don’t know when my season will start, yet.  Kinda annoyed about that actually.  Could be in Montana or Idaho by then.  Or Utah or new mexico.

Probably not posting much going forward so my opinion on thread stuff isn’t going to matter.  I’d actually vote for a rebirth of the 3:10 thread, but whatever.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

PJ - you could always start and maintain a 3:10 thread Smile

A friend from a different side of my life regularly says something along the lines of: "if there are no nights that play music that you like, then go out and start your own night" - the same could apply to threads.

my week:

46 miles, 21 "miles" of pool-running, and 2000 yards of swimming
      M: Upper body weights, core, and 10 "miles" pool-running.
      T: 12 miles, including a track workout of 8x800, 4x200 in 3:09, 3:08, 3:08, 3:10, 3:09, 3:08, 3:06, 3:06, 44, 44, 44, and 43. 2:28-2:35 recovery for the 800s; full recovery for the 200s. Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.
      W: 5 miles very easy (9:02).
      Th: Yoga and 11 "miles" pool-running
      F: 12 miles, including a track workout of 2x3200 in 12:52 (6:28/6:24) and 12:46 (6:25/6:21) with 6 minutes recovery between the two. Followed with leg strengthwork and 750 yards recovery swimming.
      Sa: 10 miles easy (8:43), followed with drills, four strides, upper body weights/core.
      Su: 7 miles, including 4x200 in 43, 43, 39, 38. Also four hill sprints with full recovery. Followed with 750 yards recovery swimming.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

From the Internet.

Holy moly beryl!! That's impressive!

Drive-by check-in - 50 or so miles the last couple weeks, 3 PRs on 3 consecutive Saturdays at Boston University! The aforementioned 3000m two weeks ago, dropped my mile from 5:54 in January to 5:49 last week, and then from 5:49 to 5:43 this week. Very pleased! Ran 6:01 at BU last December, kind of still shocked that I've dropped that much time in a year Smile Couple weeks of just training/a few extra easy miles coming up, and then my next race is going to be 1/19, I think?

MTA re: combining threads, no problem with that.

berylrunner

Rick

50 mile recovery week.  A few strides.   Have a few issues.   Tripped on a rock, didn't go down but did an odd one legged triple jump.  Next day my juvenile dog who is in the uncontrollable body phase slammed into me.  Have a sore hip.  Then I embedded a Christmas ornament into my foot.  Oh well, time to get to work.  Any suggestions on how to turn miles to speed?  Half marathon in 3 weeks.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Running Problem

Problem Child

darkwave I've started telling people "If you're not going to have fun someone is going to do it for you." Unfortunately I'm usually not having fun. I do a good job of faking it until people start wanting to interact with me.

All this talk about combining threads makes me wonder who will start the 2020 thread. I've just sat back and watched everyone else do the work. I need to start getting my weekly mileage up in a few days.

almost 40 miles this week.

over 2019 for the year.

BQ minus 5+.

Also a 6+ minute PR over my April marathon.

Oh and I've managed to keep a run streak alive for 12 days.

So after 9 months of being miserable my year turned out to "not suck" however my current mood is pointing out how this reality lurked in the back of my mind during training. "Will 2019 be considered a successfully year if you run sub 3?" I forgot to mention in my race story how the impact over the past 2+ years of forum life has impacted my running in a positive manner so thanks to all who contribute. If I didn't thank you then, or you thought I wasn't appreciative of your advice, I apologize and want you to know I read and listen and it all comes in to play...even during runs where I'm trying not to be miserable.

Hope to see y'all online clearly in 2020. Get it? see clearly. 2020.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

OMR

Brew:  All this talk of combining threads has made me re-think my goals for 2020, and that includes probably NOT running my first 100M, and instead focusing on seeing how close I can get to sub-3 shape again...in other words, run fast while I still (hopefully) can, and save the super long stuff for later.  I think your marathon PR is four seconds faster than mine, and I can’t just let that sit.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew:  All this talk of combining threads has made me re-think my goals for 2020, and that includes probably NOT running my first 100M, and instead focusing on seeing how close I can get to sub-3 shape again...in other words, run fast while I still (hopefully) can, and save the super long stuff for later.  I think your marathon PR is four seconds faster than mine, and I can’t just let that sit.

So should I go after beating your 50 mile record this year? I'm planning on running Tahoe Rim Trail 50 miler which is only like 9,000 ft elevation gain and probably stays above 6,000 ft elevation for its entirety. Currently looking at shoes and I'm debating the Summit Unknown (last ultra I did in the Vazee Summit V2) or the Hoka One One Speadgoat. Any ultra running specific forums I can join to spend more time? I don't know much about trail running other than they usually have better snacks.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Speed Surplus

Holy crap, Beryl!

Great year, everyone. Lots of big PRs and solid races all around.

I managed 1,722 miles, which is OK. I'm gunning for sub-3 at Tunnel in June, but first I have to win the race to register for the damn thing when registration opens. Also need to lose about 10 lbs. Gonna try to average 50mpw in my cycle and wear these bad boys FTW

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

berylrunner

Rick

So should I go after beating your 50 mile record this year? I'm planning on running Tahoe Rim Trail 50 miler which is only like 9,000 ft elevation gain and probably stays above 6,000 ft elevation for its entirety. Currently looking at shoes and I'm debating the Summit Unknown (last ultra I did in the Vazee Summit V2) or the Hoka One One Speadgoat. Any ultra running specific forums I can join to spend more time? I don't know much about trail running other than they usually have better snacks.

Brew.  Ultra runners group and a training thread on RA.  Small group compared to the marathon threads.  Plenty of talk about shoes and food.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew.  Ultra runners group and a training thread on RA.  Small group compared to the marathon threads.  Plenty of talk about shoes and food.

excellent. I hadn't seen that group. I'm leaning to the New Balance Summit Unknown because my last shoes are the Vazee Summit V2. I just purged a bunch of race bags from marathons, then brought 2 back because I might use them as drop bags. I'm totally out of my element on races lasting over 4 hours.

2020 thread started. head over there.

VDOT 53.37 

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

where is this 2020 thread we're talking about?

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Running Problem

Problem Child

where is this 2020 thread we're talking about?

2020 marathon training thread. Non-time specific. It moves REALLY fast at the start and seems to have a good flow with the number of people in there this year.

VDOT 53.37