2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

pepperjack

pie man

Good luck Cherry Blossomers.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

DWave - Not sure if you get these email updates or not, but the Stryd firmware update we were talking about went live this morning.

Work came through with the marathon entry codes so I could sign up yesterday afternoon.

One of the local "classic" races is Sunday afternoon - I may take the girls out to spectate at the finish.

Good luck to anyone running Cherry Blossom, or any other race this weekend.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Running Problem

Problem Child

The opening scene of this movie is where max and I explored all those years ago. It's Marlette Lake. There is a photo I took of him about 1/8 of a mile behind this point. If you look left from where the camera is you'll see Lake Tahoe. If you go back to the highway you'll find the point where I told him I got lost on the trail last time I was here...and he was 130-140 miles into the race.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Quick update, I spent the week balancing getting miles in and recovering from last Sunday. I decided to go for a quick interval training (8x400 in progressing from 1’26 to 1’20) on Thursday and I had to get my long run in today ( which made my 7 days from Sunday to Saturday a week with 82 miles!!!!) I felt strong enough today, and got in 5 miles at race pace and 2 miles at 7’30. Total of 21miles in 2h50.

tomorrow I have a long flight to Raleigh (North Carolina) for work. Will be running on a treadmill until Friday...

good of luck to everybody who is racing this weekend !! Smile

Marco

PRs since re-started in 2013:

5km: 19:43 (Belfast park run Sep-16) | 10km: 40:16 (Belfast Lagan side 10K Sep-18) 

HM: 1:30:09 (Belfast city Half Marathon, September-18) | FM: 3:25:05 (official chip time Belfast city Marathon, May-19, marathon was 0.3/4 longer, original time 3:27:20 for 26.5/6...)

Upcoming races:  

???

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks for the good luck wishes - the weather is looking very very good (low 50s, overcast, minimal wind).

CK - I installed the update yesterday, so thanks!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

dw - how'd it go?

darkwave

Mother of Cats

dw - how'd it go?

63:01.....ARGH...

Supposedly an 83.52 age grade, so I'm getting close to that 85 %.  I turn 45 next month, so hopefully that will do it if I don't slow down between now and then.

Got to meet Ace which was nice.

Race report is here: https://wellimtryingtorun.blogspot.com/2019/04/race-report-cherry-blossom-10-miler.html

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

DW Wasn't the goal sub 84 and you weren't sure about that?

My Week...since it seems to work this second. The walk shouldn't count. Strava says 62.5 which would be the highest mileage this year. Yay me.

Weekly Summary
                  Monday, Apr 01, 2019 thru Sunday, Apr 07, 2019

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                  Day Miles Pace Description Link
                  Mon 6.3 9:27 That time this is no joke. strava
                  Tue 10.0 7:39 That time you can’t forget to vacuum the lawn. strava
                  Wed 8.0 8:09 That time I figured it out strava
                  Thu 13.0 7:40 That time I ran 99 minutes strava
                  Fri 0.6 20:19 Walking to the food place. strava
                  Sat 16.0 9:14 That time I ran into a marathon. strava
                  Sun 9.3 8:22 That time I worked on my sunburn strava
                    63.2 8:31  

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

brew- sorry about the accommodation woes. yes, most hotel rooms are downtown. look into the metro hotel on divisadero - it's down the street from me, one of the only hotels i've seen here that *isn't* in union square or the tourist trappy wharf, and is actually very reasonable - different sized rooms and such. whenever my mom or dad visit they stay there. it's at like mile 3 of the course and in an area rife with public transit so should be easy for everyone (you with race logistics, nerp and co for spectating) to get around

sclever- oof, hope the tailbone feels better soon. that really sucks.

sage canaday ran 2:23 at rotterdam. is he gonna quit the marathon?

aliphine tuliamuk ran 2:26 which is awesome

i'm still training but the past few weeks have been erratic in terms of running (and the skiing has been good!). back to scheduled programming now, and my first race of the season is a 5k next sunday (the one my team puts on every year). i did a roughly 5km distance tempo yesterday and was reminded of how much they hurt. meep.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Running Problem

Problem Child

rlk ended up fining a place on geary near mile 5. Current plan might be job to the start, jog to the hotel from the finish, shower then head to the zoo or park, or head home with NeRP sleeping in the back. I won’t be shocked if Sage gives up on the OTQ...after CIM. He really needs to take his own advice about training and racing and doing too much variety (trail and road races) like he said last year or whenever it was he ran Houston just a few seconds too slow.

VDOT 53.37 

kcam

Nice race darkwave.  63 is darn good, take it!

I ran 1:12:48 for my 10miler today (Sactown 10 in Sacramento).  Pretty disappointed as I was thinking a 1:12 or better was in the bag and 1:11 was possible but definitely a longshot.  Just wasn't my day today, the air felt 'heavy' (?) humid and I never got into it.  I split 36:05 / 36:43.    Last year on this exact same course I ran 1:08 something.  Just have a lot of work to do to get back into shape.

I'm also running the Stow Lake 5K next Sunday.  Now, after today's race, I'm nervous about how I'll do there.  I'd hoped for well under 21:00 considering I ran 21:10 back in Feb but today's race certainly makes me a longshot for a sub-21.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

kcam- it was muggy in SF too! Visibility wasn't great despite it being sunny and clear - I looked upthe AQI and it was low, so maybe the humidity just clouded the air a bit. It was toasty here, so I'm sure Sac was actually significantly warm. Don't feel too bad about it!

See ya at Stow Lake Smile

dwave- nice race, about to read your report! I Assume the "argh" is because you wanted under 63min, but that is still damn fast.

brew- oh good! glad you found something. if you don't want to warm up that long, the 38 Geary bus is your friend. And by the time you finish the race, the "Rapid" version will be have started running and you could take it back. 
                          hoping for a sunny day because then it's actually really pleasant to hang out in the park post-race, peoplewatch, stagger around, etc. a few years ago it was foggy/chilly/a little rainy, so we just went straight home to get dry and warm.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

dw - another excellent race... and what an AG%!  A few years ago, I'd never have guessed you'd be so fast.

Hey to everybody!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

DW Wasn't the goal sub 84 and you weren't sure about that?

Nope.  Want to run sub-63 for ten miles (i.e. 1:02:59 or better) and sub-84 for a half-marathon (1:23:59 or better) this spring.  I've got another  shot at each distance.

An 84 minute 10 miler is 8:24 pace Smile

Thanks to all for the congrats - Rovatti - I can't believe I'm still improving at my age either.  Hopefully I've got another few years of this.  We shall see.

Kcam - sorry about the race.  Perhaps just a fluke, based on your 5K?

BTW, saw forum alum dad4jcz yesterday at the race, so that was nice.

My week:

40 miles, 14 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards of swimming.
                              M: Yoga and 8 "miles" of pool-running.
                              T: 10.5 miles, including 6x800 in 3:07, 3:02, 2:59, 2:58, 2:56, 2:53.  Also leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.
                              W: 6.5 miles very easy (9:09) plus drills/strides and DIY yoga
                              Th: light upper body strength/core, DIY yoga, and 6 "miles" of pool-running.
                              F: 7 miles, including an uptempo 1600 in 6:16, and DIY yoga.
                              Sa: 2 miles very easy (8:57) and some DIY yoga.
                              Su: 2.5 miles warm-up, 10 mile race in 63:01 (6:18 pace), 1.5 mile cooldown.  Later did 500 yards recovery swimming.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Sorry for jumping in here, but I had a question for DW and Brew:

Any preference for hotel for CIM? I see there are a couple of choices (definitely NOT doing Airbnb for reasons we just saw). Not sure if there's really any difference between the ones that are all near the finish line.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)