2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

I almost forgot that Ritz was running this one. Talk about a blast from the past, huh. And Des, of course. Doesn't look like I will get a lot of work done this morning. :exploding_sausage:

Mile 5:24 3k 11:01 5k 19:01 10k 38:34 hm 1:26:57 fm 3:02:33

Running Problem

Problem Child

I almost forgot that Ritz was running this one. Talk about a blast from the past, huh. And Des, of course. Doesn't look like I will get a lot of work done this morning. :exploding_sausage:

Is ritz the guy who took like 8 gels in the last 2 miles of a marathon or something?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

Is ritz the guy who took like 8 gels in the last 2 miles of a marathon or something?

please tell me you are being ironic!
        that was clitz, the moron. ritz is dathan, the legend.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Hah!

I took today off - no reason to even pretend I'd be working today.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

showing my age...before my time.

bib 4848 is Jimmie Johnson. NASCAR driver who drives the #48. First marathon. Trying to run 3 hours or faster.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

what is Jared doing taking the lead? Is this smart? No clue

When I see Des taking the lead, I have no doubt she is doing the right thing.  She is race-smart.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Jim - Definitely sounds like you have a solid chance. That's quite the series, too.
                I highly recommend the arm strap HR sensor. I'd probably trust a chest strap more to help verify my max HR when I do a test later this spring (likely not wearing a shirt just to make sure there won't be static), but other than that one edge case I don't see much benefit to the chest strap over the arm optical.
                DCRainmaker released a comparison of the three most recent such straps recently - just a few days after I ordered mine, of course!

Do we have bib numbers for anyone "local" we care about?

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

Jim - Definitely sounds like you have a solid chance. That's quite the series, too.
                  I highly recommend the arm strap HR sensor. I'd probably trust a chest strap more to help verify my max HR when I do a test later this spring (likely not wearing a shirt just to make sure there won't be static), but other than that one edge case I don't see much benefit to the chest strap over the arm optical.
                  DCRainmaker released a comparison of the three most recent such straps recently - just a few days after I ordered mine, of course!

Do we have bib numbers for anyone "local" we care about?

I don't think any of the regulars here ran this year. Sub 3 has a list on the last page. I have a local guy I'm watching (fading...3 digit bib)  to see how he does. Other than that just celebrities (4848, 340) doing it. I thought in the past I could track by hometown but apparently not this year...or I'm wrong.

EDIT: I totally accept wind training now. The weather for today's race changed so much. I was checking the weather for mine and it's going to change (I hope not too much) and its SIMILAR to today's race. I know 2 weeks out is way too early but what else do I blame practice for?

VDOT 53.37 

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

cool finish for the men's race. cool cool cool.

AceHarris

Two US men under 2:10 is a solid day. Fauble and Ward ran great races!

At work and couldn't watch the men's finish, but heard it was epic.

Didn't Pesto race today?!?

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

For those who missed it on Strava/FB, I won a 5k* yesterday!  Short course, tiny race, but it definitely made me feel better about my slowly-returning fitness.  Even though my pace was slower than my last marathon.

Congrats Lauren - and wow, with that mileage you should be golden.

Hi everyone else!

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

JMac spends most of his time in other threads, but it looks like he did well and finished in 2:44:43.
                          I'm following a couple local people - one is having a bad day compared to his goal (I hate to say I kinda expected this), one is having a really bad day (no idea what his goal was, but ~5:40/mi for the first 10k, now posting 9-10min/mi), but my nemesis from my little half in Texas seems to be doing quite well, which I'm excited about (trending 2:55).
                          Missed the finish of the men's race, bummer!

Ilana - !! Great return to racing!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

the ONE local guy I tracked started at a 6:00 pace and averaged a 7:00 pace. I really was hoping he'd pull the 6:00 pace the whole way. I can only think his legs or stomach cramped up. I'm taking ginger with me for the marathon. They're hard candies so I'm afraid of choking but they're lightweight and I'm not sure I'd be able to find chews/gum unless I hop on amazon right now.

VDOT 53.37 

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

lol lol lol lol

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Speed Surplus

that was clitz, the legend. ritz is dathan, the legend.

fixed your post!

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12