2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Rovatti - Nice week again, and with more miles (and cross training!) than I got.

Ace - How far do you have to go to get on some trails?

A light week from me (37mi), but I did have two good workouts (hill repeats and V02Max). Looking to get the mileage back up starting this week. I need to find a group to do LRs with this summer, if possible. I don't have a problem with getting solo workouts in (nearly 12 miles this morning), and usually the same for easy stuff, but for some reason the thought of doing 14+ by myself isn't appealing right now.
    Good workout this morning - my first time doing ~mile effort reps since probably early/mid fall.

Pretty good weekend overall, even without a LR. I finally found out (and cleared up) why DD1 seemed to be holding back while playing soccer this season, DD2's attitude (that had been on a severe decline) rebounded and she has been just a treat, and let DW get some much needed time to herself for Mother's Day.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Speed Surplus

Quick dropoff of my week. The two 18ers at 3:00 pace are bike rides.

<tfoot> </tfoot>
      Day Miles Pace Duration Description HR Egain Link
      Mon 6.1 9:52 1:00 Recovery trailz with Morg 142 (77%) 314 strava
      Tue 8.2 7:50 1:04 Effort progression from easy to hard 145 (79%) 347 strava
      Wed 18.9 3:08 0:59 LOL the ebike felt pretty easy after 60 on a regular bike 126 (68%) 953 strava
      Wed 18.9 3:00 0:56 Nice evening for it 144 (78%) 726 strava
      Thu 6.8 8:19 0:56 Suddenly August weather 146 (79%) 198 strava
      Fri 2.3 8:32 0:19 Lunchtime lake plunge! 132 (72%) 46 strava
      Fri 2.3 9:56 0:23 Back to work 135 (73%) 348 strava
      Sat 13.1 8:03 1:45 Pretty warm in the sun 150 (82%) 284 strava
        76.6 5:48 7:25     3216

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

AceHarris

keen: I'm pretty lucky that I can drive 10-15 minutes North, South, or West and be at some decent trails. If I drive up to 30 minutes in any direction I have a plethora of options.

clever: nice week! You have any race plans/adventures in the near future?

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

keen: I'm pretty lucky that I can drive 10-15 minutes North, South, or West and be at some decent trails. If I drive up to 30 minutes in any direction I have a plethora of options.

*whistles*

*whistles*

I don't suppose your new shotgun shack is near any running trails?

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I figure it's about 200 yards to the Rim Trail, which connects to various other things. But those 200 yards are uphill! Woe!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I figure it's about 200 yards to the Rim Trail, which connects to various other things. But those 200 yards are uphill! Woe!

I'm about 300m from an indoor swimming pool - does that count?

Also, I'll drop off last week:  45 miles, 19 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards of swimming

M: 9 "miles" pool-running.
                  T: 3 miles very easy (8:46), yoga, and then 5 miles very easy (8:27). 
                  W: Off except for some DIY yoga in the morning.  [Colonoscopy in the morning]
                  Th: Upper body weights/core and 10 "miles" of pool-running.
                  F: 7 miles easy (8:56), yoga, and then 5 miles very easy (8:37), plus drills/strides
                  Sa:  10 miles very easy (8:48), drills, strides, and upper body weights/core.
                  Su: 14.5 miles - first 8 averaging 8:29, next 6 averaging 6:54, and then a half-mile cool-down.  Followed with light leg strengthwork and 1000 yards recovery swimming.

As of this morning, I am still a bit tired from Broad Street.  Apparently medical procedures that require fasting and dehydration are bad for race recovery.  Who knew?

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

Hi Everybody

Still alive.  Took a little trip this weekend.  Cheers.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

"race"day weather this weekend is going to be awesome! You ready for this rlk?

https://www.sfgate.com/weather/article/atmospheric-river-spring-bay-area-forecast-13843662.php

After a break from the wet weather on Friday, a second soaker is forecast to sweep the Bay Area on Saturday afternoon. The wettest period is bound to be Saturday night and showers could linger into Sunday morning, impacting the Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/bay-to-breakers-costumes-2018-race-sf-festival-12929190.php

Add in the 15-20 mph forecast and it's pretty much my February/March. Who knew I was training for Bay to Breakers so early? Sucks the weather might ruin plans to take NeRP to the zoo. Oh and I'm slightly upset the race organizers say no strollers allowed in the race. It wouldn't impact much.

shotgun shack?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

PJ - in Eugene is presume...  I hope you got a chance to run on the PRE trail.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

You could actually shoot a bullet from one end to the other through all the rooms, kind of.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/svwindom/sets/72157695617219694/with/33914287718/

No photos of the guest bedroom because it's still full of boxes yet to unpack, but 3:20'ers are welcome to visit.

Running Problem

Problem Child

I'm not sure I want to visit the new residence.

EDIT: On second thought after looking at the photos I kind of want to move in.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

You could actually shoot a bullet from one end to the other through all the rooms, kind of.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/svwindom/sets/72157695617219694/with/33914287718/

No photos of the guest bedroom because it's still full of boxes yet to unpack, but 3:20'ers are welcome to visit.

That view....does not suck.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

... and I thought you had built a unabomber-style shotgun shack...  What a beautiful house and view!!!

Remind me why I live in 900 sq ft one-bedroom apt?