2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

... and I thought you had built a unabomber-style shotgun shack...  What a beautiful house and view!!!

Remind me why I live in 900 sq ft one-bedroom apt?

900 square feet? What are you, one of those rich people?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Running Problem

Problem Child

900 square feet? What are you, one of those rich people?

I think they like to be called “Affluent American” instead of rich.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

Rov - Coos Bay actually.  I went old school.  Also anything not Jefferson is lava (which is ironic since the trip circumnavigated Lassen, Shasta, and McLoughlin).

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Rov - Coos Bay actually.  I went old school.  Also anything not Jefferson is lava (which is ironic since the trip circumnavigated Lassen, Shasta, and McLoughlin).

I'm a little shocked you haven't been up any of the big peaks in those areas yet.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

... and I thought you had built a unabomber-style shotgun shack...  What a beautiful house and view!!!

Remind me why I live in 900 sq ft one-bedroom apt?

...because 2500 square feet in NYC would cost ten times what it did here?

Thanks, guys, and I'm serious, you are welcome to visit and run with me.  Today I did 6 miles on the trails and it was magnificent.  The view is amazeballs from our house, but it's even more gorgeous when you're out on the rim trail looking at the scenery up close and personal.  The lupine are in bloom, the mountains are snow-capped.

Steamworks Half Marathon in 3.5 weeks.

pepperjack

pie man

Brew - this is why

The road to the trail to the summit of Lassen is under there somewhere.  Also under there is the visitors center, which was open.  The roof is behind that middle pile if you look closely...

11:11 3,000 (recent)

From the Internet.

ilana holy moly, that's a gorgeous house!!

Shit's getting real over here! Final dress rehearsal workout done before Sunday  - 3 mi easy then shoe swap (test driving the VF4%), took a gel just to remind my stomach that it's gonna have to digest things at race pace, 2 mi MP, 90 sec jog, 0.5 mi fast-ish, 60 sec jog, 0.25 mi fast but not redlining. 2 mile cooldown and done. Ready to do a bunch of laundry and pack!! Will run the next 3 days but probably not more than ~30 minutes or so each day.

Race plan at the moment (subject to change if I feel like garbage at the start) is to go out around 7:40-50 for the first couple miles, cruise through the early hills with some gas in the tank, and then see what I have once I get past 10 and onto the downhill.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Lauren, with the mileage you've been hitting I can't imagine you're not poised for a great race.  (If you want actual numbers you have to give me all your stats, but I think I've lost the link to my list of questions for pace prediction!)

From the Internet.

Lauren, with the mileage you've been hitting I can't imagine you're not poised for a great race.  (If you want actual numbers you have to give me all your stats, but I think I've lost the link to my list of questions for pace prediction!)

Hmm enticing! You were dead-on with my last race a couple years back!

Mileage and workouts and whatnot in my log; 3 20 mile long runs, one 22 several weeks ago, one 19 with quality. Couple of regular midweek 10+ in the schedule. Last 20 was ~2.5 weeks out from the race, 7:53 average - moderate effort with a few faster at the end; 16 miler with 6 around goal MP 2 weeks out.

My tune-up races come with asterisks AGAIN because I suck at racing in a training block apparently. Something to practice going forward.

1:36:20 half marathon in March on a tough course, I went out at HM race effort and felt great through mile 7 or so. Had to slow a bit after that to manage a side stitch and some gastrointestinal distress toward the end. PR is 1:34:33 from October - I trained for triathlons over the summer and added a few longer long runs and a couple of tempos leading up to that race, not IDEAL prep but more solid than I anticipated.

44:26 hilly 10K on 4/28, had to stop to tie my shoe (d'oh) but I couldn't have lost more than 20 seconds max on that. About a minute off PR, still not sure if fatigued legs or mental game just wasn't there but I didn't feel like I raced as hard as I could have.

Speed Surplus

Great house, Ilana, and thanks for the invite!

I think Ace asked... I don't have another race on the calendar yet, but I'm looking for another 5k. There was one at Seward Park while I was doing a long run this weekend that I thought I could have come close to winning... just looked up the results and the winner ran 18:31 solo (second place was 21:30).

OK, maybe not. But I would have podiumed!

My two goals right now are:

1) Win a race

2) 5k PR

Once I get a 5k PR, I am required to register for a marathon. Conversely, I cannot register for a marathon until I PR in the 5k. Sort of a reward/punishment thing.

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

Views AND cat AND glass of wine? sign me up for Camp Ilana!

brew- yeah it rained on my run this morning. winter is back. Also lol nice SFGate article (second one). I think I see my ear in that photo. Bummer bc it's much more fun when it's nice out and you can hang out afterwards without getting cold ... we shall see. Storm predictions on this coast are often pretty overblown in my experience, haha.

Oh and btw, extra + early transit service on sunday morning, just have a clipper card in your pocket or muni metro app on your phone (can buy tix on it): https://www.sfmta.com/project-updates/bay-breakers-service-impacts#express

(BART too but i don't imagine that will be geographically useful for you)

Rovatti- 900 square feet? How do you fill a place that big? Wink My progression in the past ~10 years has gone: 300sf, 400sf (but add 2 cats), ~750sf (but add a person). It's a good way to live!

Lauren- good luck!!!!

Sclever- Ha, I like the logic. Any 5ks coming up, then?

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Running Problem

Problem Child

rlk I canceled my trip. Snow possibility along with not really wanting to stay inside all day Saturday, and wanting to save money took a priority.

pj DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNN. Well that's going to get a little deeper this weekend.

sc I looked over the results for a 10K Sunday. I could have been top 3 with recent fitness and my time last year...if I could have run 7:00 pace for another 6 miles. While I don't know what they offer, if anything, to top 3 I'd kind of enjoyed the race result.

no fun run for me this weekend. I realized I'm having another depressing month like Chicago. While I don't think it's related to the result from Mt. Charleston (I'm still pretty satisfied with not BQing) it's just a bunch of life sheet dumping on me right now. seems to have been coming for the past 5-6 weeks.

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Super-jealous of so many people's close proximity to trails - especially Ilana's situation!

PJ - Wow. I have never actually seen snow anywhere near that deep before. Locally, the most I've ever seen was "just" a foot of snow (drifts obviously a good deal deeper) back in 2011 - that blizzard was the day DD1 was born.

Brew - Bummer, dude. Need to find something new? Or maybe a fun run/5k just for enjoyment?

I found what could be a fun race weekend in Tulsa towards the end of the summer. A 5k with a quarter marathon or HM just after it, with the obvious possibility of a double (with aggregate times used for those rankings). Looking at the race results from last year I might have a chance to not just actually win a double category, but possibly both races outright. Clearly that's not a super-competitive race (or even moderately competitive, to be honest), but the overall event should be fun.

Looking forward to a big workout in the morning, though wishing I had done some more scouting to find a route that is less likely to include a massive gnat cloud. It's that time of year...

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Rovatti- 900 square feet? How do you fill a place that big? Wink My progression in the past ~10 years has gone: 300sf, 400sf (but add 2 cats),....

LOL... My progression was 550sf to 900sf (also added wife and later 2 cats).  

Some day I'll move to RENO and live like a sultan!

AceHarris

I'm definitely down for running camp at Ilana's place!

sclever: I love your current goal situation.

Everyone should just move to east TN and trade in their "low" square footage to help me with my yard work.

There's a 5k in my neighborhood on June 1. I need to decide soon if I want to run it because the price goes up. Even though it's on my normal running streets, it's a sucky course. It's essentially 1.5 miles up hill then 1.5 down. I think about 60 people ran it last year.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)