2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

pepperjack

pie man

I believe congratulations are in order sam?

11:11 3,000 (recent)

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

I believe congratulations are in order sam?

yep, this jogger is now taken.

Mile 5:24 3k 11:01 5k 19:01 10k 38:34 hm 1:26:57 fm 3:02:33

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

congrats to mr and mrs sam!

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

NotSam: Congratulations again to you and Samantha.  Will she answer to "Mrs. Maston" or should I use something else if/when we meet?  Nice to see you again - you spruce the place up.

OMR

aw, congrats to Sam and Samantha!!!!

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

NotSam: Congratulations again to you and Samantha.  Will she answer to "Mrs. Maston" or should I use something else if/when we meet?  Nice to see you again - you spruce the place up.

You call her whatever you want... you might get that gaze of 'why is my husband introducing me to these morons that refer to each other by online nicknames'. I will have fun either way.

I had to look up what spruce means. Max, your oldness is transpiring through your words. We already have one old man running. Two is too many.

Mile 5:24 3k 11:01 5k 19:01 10k 38:34 hm 1:26:57 fm 3:02:33

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

dwave I am flattered that you're awaiting my RR! And I promise I will finish it during the long drive to Tahoe this afternoon, and share soon. (insert brew comments about those damn San Franciscans who come up to his territory and trash it :P)

I've decided I have extensor tendonitis on my foot. It started when I came back into short runs post-CIM - top of foot near ankle, would ache a bit about 4mi into a run and also after some very long (>10mi) touristy walking days on my trip. I've run I think once a week since mid-December. This week I've run 4x and it is mostly gone. Today was a 3rd conseuctive running day, and it aches slight when I flex my foot hard. Convincing myself I will rid of it via some PT (loop band and towel exercises with my feet), not running much, and maybe I'll ice too. It's never really pain, just feels like a range of motion limitation and light discomfort.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

yep, this jogger is now taken.

Woohoo!

(and...sucker....)  Tongue

RLK - bummer on the tendonitis - I've had that sometimes on the top of my foot - always triggered when I tie my shoes too tight.   I've always just run through it - for the version I get, running doesn't seem to slow the recovery, as long as I don't cinch the shoes too tight.  (not saying that you were wrong for taking time off - we're all different here, and my variant is probably much more minor)

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

dwave- I'm glad you said that, actually. I just ran three days in a row - when previously I've been running once every 2-3 days - and it felt better with the former than the latter. so this confirms my suspicion! plus, i don't think i can make it worse. it has certainly improved. i think my distance is limited, but that's about it. and it hurts to flex my foot hard after i run far enough to flare it up. another corroboration with your story is that i noticed it after a very long walk on vacation, and i was wearing birkenstocks that were buckled a bit too tightly. so it goes ... it'll pass soon!

Running Problem

Problem Child

Rlk Had I known I’d request some Pliny. I owe a guy. Lost a bet.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

Ran the half in Clarksburg.  Was hoping to run 1:28 cause that felt like about right for the low (running) miles lately.  Was pretty much on the heels of rlk’s teammates for a good portion of the day, so that was fun.

I’m back to work next week (special case due to Ranch), so the timing couldn’t be better.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

PJ - that was well-timed.  Congrats on the half, and on the return to work.

(I have a lot of stressed friends here - this has gone way too long).

My week: 52 miles, 16 "miles" pool-running, and other stuff.

Reworked the schedule a bit because of a snowstorm that rolled in Saturday night - I made Sunday a very easy day in case I had to take it off due to weather.    As it turned out, they plowed the local running trail while many of the local pools were closed, so in retrospect it would have worked better to have stuck with an easy run on Saturday and a long run on Sunday.

M: Yoga and 8 "miles" pool-running
                          T: 12 miles, including 8 Iwo Jima hill repeats (approx 2 minutes up, 90 second jog, 30 second stride, 60 second jog).  Also leg strengthwork and recovery swimming.
                          W: 8 miles very easy to yoga (9:24) , yoga, then another 4 miles very easy (8:59) plus drills/strides.
                          Th: Upper body weights/core and 8 "miles" pool-running
                          F: 12 miles, including a 6400m tempo on the track in 26:28 (splits per 1600 were 6:42/6:40/6:38/6:28).  Also leg strengthwork and recovery swimming.
                          Sa: 10.5 miles very easy to yoga (8:44), drills/strides, yoga, and then another 5.5 miles very easy (8:40)
                          Su: Upper body weights/core and swimming.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

Shoot.  I see Jim’s name in the results.  I should have kept a better eye out.

berylrunner

Rick

35 miles for the week.  A few less than planned but dealing with a cold and a sore hip.  It was bound to happen.  One good workout of .5 mile repeats.  Hit some pretty good paces.  Some strides in my other runs.  Downhill seems to aggravate the worst, so cutting out all vertical this week and no hard running.  Getting ready for the travel and trying not to overthink things.

Pacing strategy - I am going out at 7:30s maybe slightly faster on the downhills.  If everything seems ok, I will pick it up, but not too much, for the second half.  I really want to run with my brother, but he is going out at 7:10-15.  I better stick to my goal.

Fueling - a little trouble here.  I don't want to carry anything so I will gel a few times at the stations that offer them.  Not too worried about fuel, my long runs averaged only 200-300 calories.  If gels don't sit, I will switch to liquids.

Gear - Shoes, NB1500's.  They worked well for the half.  Just got some Altra Vanish-R and tempted, but not enough test time.  Visor, watch, socks, short shorts.  Shirt depending on temperature.

Darkwave - nice week

PepperJack - nice race.  I am looking forward to another half.  I wish there was a flat one.  All seem to be downhill in my area.

What do I farm?  Alfalfa and Orchardgrass.  Primary market used to be Japan, but shifting to a more local horse market.  More labor intensive doing bales instead of cubes, but I like taking care of small owners.  Good demand since many farms around the cities are being turned into subdivisions.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

berylrunner

Rick

This article kind of explains what I experienced last year.

https://www.irunfar.com/2019/01/the-efficiency-rule.html

edit:  must have posted too late and in a daze.  This was my post in the Ultra running forum, but might be of some use here.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59