2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Lauren, I'm not too thrilled about your LR pace there on that 20.  Have you been running all your LRs that fast? What's your current PR and your average MPW over the past 3 months (and past 6 months)?  What have been your longest LRs, in time rather than mileage?  And what's your goal?

From the Internet.

Lauren, I'm not too thrilled about your LR pace there on that 20.  Have you been running all your LRs that fast? What's your current PR and your average MPW over the past 3 months (and past 6 months)?  What have been your longest LRs, in time rather than mileage?  And what's your goal?

Nope - most have been more like 8:30 give or take a bit. Current PR is 3:32:41 at this exact race in 2017 (have not run a marathon since then). Last 6 months: ~54 mpw, last 3 months: ~61 mpw. Longest long runs by time: 2:51, 3:07, 2:50, 2:52, 2:38. Few more over 2h but less than 2:30. BQ for me is 3:30 so a safe buffer on that is my primary goal!

pepperjack

pie man

It's like 49 degrees and raining.  California is broken.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

It's like 49 degrees and raining.  California is broken.

can confirm

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

pepperjack

pie man

Looks like something in the forecast for next weekend, too.  I was going to try and go to a group run at Point Reyes.  Possibly try to camp over there.  Now I don't know.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I recommend this route https://www.strava.com/activities/1219777263 followed by a feast at Bovine Bakery. Definitely more pleasant when the sun's out, though. That town's population basically doubles on weekends bc of the huge # of cyclists who pass through.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

pepperjack

pie man

I don't know what the group's run would be, but i'm sure it would be cool.  Also there is a rumor of oysters at the finish. Got to love the Healdsburg folks.  Will definitely miss that on the other side i'm sure.  Which reminds me, I'm switching sides that weekend.  Can't decide if I try to stay here until the monday holiday and just drive over or start the move early going down to the bay area and just do a big loop.  Would have to figure out accommodations beyond camping, though.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Lauren, I think you should start at 7:50, not 7:40; maybe 7:45, but I think 7:40 would be too aggressive until well into the race. I think you'll come in somewhere between 3:20 and 3:25.  Good luck!  I hope you have great conditions!

Meanwhile Colorado is also broken in the same way California is.  Drought, what drought?  I think it's officially over.  Also I suspect the mountains will have a new coat of white when I can see them again.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew - Bummer, dude. Need to find something new? Or maybe a fun run/5k just for enjoyment?

I found something. A 1989 cherokee with a 4.5" lift that needs some attention. Just got it smogged so I need to get it registered then spend money on it. Have fun at the race. Eventually I'll get back to 40-50 mile weeks with some TRX mixed in. Maybe Monday.

ace shoudln't you be training for an ultra instead of a 5K? Find some hills like max and start training them.

lauren good luck this weekend. You can never go out too fast and I don't expect a cushion to be required for getting into Boston 2020. I'd probably quit trying if I'd run a 3:04:59 and STILL needed a faster time. I kind of wonder what the average age for the people running Boston with a qualified time is. I'm expecting it to be early 40s with a cushion of around 5 minutes.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

mattw4jc

...  I don't expect a cushion to be required for getting into Boston 2020. I'd probably quit trying if I'd run a 3:04:59 and STILL needed a faster time. I kind of wonder what the average age for the people running Boston with a qualified time is. I'm expecting it to be early 40s with a cushion of around 5 minutes.

Really? I would fully expect a cutoff faster than the published times. Probably less than a minute, but something. It was -4:52 last September. They dropped it by 5, so only 8 seconds over the previous cutoff. Over the past 3 years, the cutoff has increased by more than a minute.

2017 -2:09

2018 -3:23

2019 -4:52

Just as the Boy Scouts say, "Be Prepared," I say, "Get a cushion!"

My 2 cents, or my 2 seconds I should say as that is what I missed the 2019 cutoff by.

Hi all ...

I took a week off running last week after Belfast city Marathon, a few walks and stretching... my muscles recovered much faster than usual , I was already ok on Wednesday, but I had some inflammation in my ankles so I decided to give them a break considering my weight (at 84 Kg I’m currying around at least 20 kg more than I should..)

this week I ran ~35 easy miles

tomorrow I’ll travel to New Orleans for a conference, I’ll be in San Francisco on Wednesday an back in Belfast on Thursday... I’ll try to get at least 40-50 miles in and I’ll take it from there

I’m not planning a fall marathon, I’ll try to update a few pb on shorter distances with a couple of hm and a couple of 10 k on the horizon

I'll stick around and will try to improve in function of the next year Belfast Marathon

PRs since re-started in 2013:

5km: 19:43 (Belfast park run Sep-16) | 10km: 40:16 (Belfast Lagan side 10K Sep-18) 

HM: 1:30:09 (Belfast city Half Marathon, September-18) | FM: 3:25:05 (official chip time Belfast city Marathon, May-19, marathon was 0.3/4 longer, original time 3:27:20 for 26.5/6...)

Upcoming races:  

???

From the Internet.

Lauren, I think you should start at 7:50, not 7:40; maybe 7:45, but I think 7:40 would be too aggressive until well into the race. I think you'll come in somewhere between 3:20 and 3:25.  Good luck!  I hope you have great conditions!

Meanwhile Colorado is also broken in the same way California is.  Drought, what drought?  I think it's officially over.  Also I suspect the mountains will have a new coat of white when I can see them again.

Sounds totally reasonable - thank you!! Conditions right now look GREAT - 45 to 50 with a little drizzle/light rain a couple hours after race start. Should be a good day for a marathon!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Sounds totally reasonable - thank you!! Conditions right now look GREAT - 45 to 50 with a little drizzle/light rain a couple hours after race start. Should be a good day for a marathon!

Good luck tomorrow!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Waiting to hear from Lauren... hope it went well.

My week:

M: 6 easy + weights

T: 9 with hill repeats on the TM (a la OMR): 5x1/2mi@(7.5mph,6%)

W: urd

Th: 7 easy

F: 1h XT + weights

S: 1h pool running

S: 1h pool running + spin class

total = 22

(I had to move to the pool due to a calf strain.  It's always something lately...)

Hey to everybody!

From the Internet.

Marathons are the worst I hated EVERY. STEP. of that race. 3:24:46 with an autopsy report coming soon. Good news: first week Boston reg and massive PR, bad news: pretty much all the rest of it.