2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

pepperjack

pie man

It was the historic truck show at grand Sierra the first time (tractor trailer trucks) and a motorcycle event downtown one other time so there is always something it seems.  Was thinking more of a Mt rose hike on the way out.  But who knows.  I’m looking at diamond Mountian right now and I kinda want to go up there instead.  Still a bit of snow hanging on up there.

Sore today for some reason.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

PJ-  a teammate told us last week that CIM was 93% full or something

brew- ugh, my former boss/now coworker is in Reno for that now. i cannot think of anything less appealing.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Running Problem

Problem Child

It was the historic truck show at grand Sierra the first time (tractor trailer trucks) and a motorcycle event downtown one other time so there is always something it seems.  Was thinking more of a Mt rose hike on the way out.  But who knows.  I’m looking at diamond Mountian right now and I kinda want to go up there instead.  Still a bit of snow hanging on up there.

Sore today for some reason.

Mt. Rose is cool. It makes for a good run. Pretty easy into the water fall then it's just a climb. You'll be fine. Church's Pond is another one I like that's on the way up there. That truck show is something I've always missed. I saw it once, never knew it existed and haven't seen it since. Motorcycles is Street Vibrations but I thought that was in September. I rarely pay attention to events going on downtown since I'm rarely there. Diamond Mountain....are you talking about Diamond PEAK? Ski resort. Public access. Parking lot to the hill is mile 31 or something like that of the TRT 50/100.

rlk at least we agree on SOMETHING like how it's boring to stare at cars in a parking lot. I'd rather drive them around town but most of these are trailer queens that get maybe 100 miles a year.  Thank your boss for spending enough money to keep the State INCOME Tax low. Most people not from here tell me how "there is no Tax in Nevada" and have a blank stare when they're corrected. Yes we have sales tax here.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

Diamond mountain is up here by Susanville. We did some surveys up there, mostly arborglyphs.  The basque sheep herders carved things into the aspens.  Only some of them were dirty pictures.  Never stood on the top, though.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Gotcha. I've heard about the basque sheep men and their trees. I always thought it was folklore.

I forgot to mention the semis you saw are actually used throughout the year. I believe they're required to put on like 100,000 miles a year or something like that to be in the show. It's a little more impressive than seeing something sit in a garage all year.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

kcam

PJ They have 1,000 charity spots for $275 so...maybe?

https://runsra.org/california-international-marathon/registration/

Ha!  i bought one of those back in 2010, I think.  I had whipped myself into great shape and CIM was right around the corner.  I had to run it as you never know when you'll be in that kind of shape again, if ever, so i held my nose and plunked down my $225 (back then) .... and ran a 5 minute PR!  Still makes me smile to think about it!  From 2:59 something to 2:54.  So, so worth the $225!  If I remember correctly, the charity portion of that entrance fee is tax deductible.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Ha!  i bought one of those back in 2010, I think.  I had whipped myself into great shape and CIM was right around the corner.  I had to run it as you never know when you'll be in that kind of shape again, if ever, so i held my nose and plunked down my $225 (back then) .... and ran a 5 minute PR!  Still makes me smile to think about it!  From 2:59 something to 2:54.  So, so worth the $225!  If I remember correctly, the charity portion of that entrance fee is tax deductible.

I'd pay $225 for a sub 3 marathon too. VERY impressive. I have been telling RBs how "the magic of CIM" makes it a great race and it seems to be well organized. I also make sure to tell them I might be biased towards the race due to it's proximity to my home and having two PRs there but I feel like I'd run it even after my PR days are done.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Max is through the first aid station and a little over 10% in. First place is still in reach. Third place is Jesse Haynes who placed 10th in Western STates. Twice. I think max can get up there.

VDOT 53.37 

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I'd pay $225 for a sub 3 marathon 

*insert joke about Next%*

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

pepperjack

pie man

On top of Mt rose.  It’s windy....

Running Problem

Problem Child

Hence the nickname Mt Blows. Plus it’s kinda windy today.

On top of Mt rose.  It’s windy....

Max is almost to the highway. 41 miles in. Averaging 81 miles per day. Looks like some runnable terrain coming up then a climb to the highway. Should be about an hour to the next aid. 42 ish miles in. He will probably be at Norway Pass when I wake up.

VDOT 53.37 

kcam

Hence the nickname Mt Blows. Plus it’s kinda windy today.

Max is almost to the highway. 41 miles in. Averaging 81 miles per day. Looks like some runnable terrain coming up then a climb to the highway. Should be about an hour to the next aid. 42 ish miles in. He will probably be at Norway Pass when I wake up.

What crazy race is Max runnning?  I musta missed the run-up to this one cuz it sounds epic.

I'm up to 20 miles running this week and feeling excellent.  Probably run an easy 8 tomorrow morning.  Get to see the Cardiologist this coming Tuesday, I'll go into Kaiser tomorrow morning and do a whole bunch of labs they have scheduled for me.  Hope-full that the news is good for running and training again.

Keep at it, people!

Running Problem

Problem Child

Bigfoot 200. Guy hasn’t really taken a break since Dragon’s Back. Just race race race. I had to write a thre part series so people had a small idea of how 12 hours with him went. He has like 14 days of racing to put into writing.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

I saw a Strava run for Marks race. Pacer said markings were garbage, there was ‘Barkley esque’ weather with lighting around them so loud they couldn’t talk, and freezing temperatures with runners packed around a propane heater. Sounds like a horrible experience and he is still out there. Some runners quit saying ‘I have kids’ so Mark is either ahead of it or thinks he is hallucinating these conditions. I’m going with ‘he is ahead’.

VDOT 53.37 

max is a kook.

my week: Slow progress and no issues...

M: 10 easy

T: 7 with track intervals: 4x800@3:03, 4x400@1:23

W: 7 easy

Th: 9 with tempo in the park 5.2@7:12

F: rd

S: 8 easy + weights

S: 7 easy

total = 48

Hey to all y'all.