2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Work tomorrow is going to be interesting. Ouch.

Too much beer?

looks similar to my experience with Chicago. They also had free beer at the finish.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

No, the whole pain in my gluteus-quads-hamstring.  Basically what caused the significant positive split.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

No, the whole pain in my gluteus-quads-hamstring.  Basically what caused the significant positive split.

Bummer. How is the medal? Only one I saw was a three piece spinner. It was like Mt Charleston this year, but cooler.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

PJ - Hey, someone else who uses the phrase "Bad juju"! I haven't heard anyone else say that since I was a teenager.
          Thanks for the input on the race. I met a guy last year at a HM in Texas who does some training in the Dallas area and he's posted a couple "Dolly Parton" workouts, which I thought was a bit amusing once I figured out what he meant.
          And we need to hear more about Santa Rosa and and that whole posterior chain issue you seem to have going on. Doing any better today?

5 more days to decide on Dallas before the next registration price hike.
          5 weeks in a row now of 70+ miles. My HR was super-low for the paces I've run all week. It has been slightly cooler lately than the week prior, but not by much, and I'm not feeling overly fatigued so I'm not sure of the cause of the low HR.

I'm registered for a 5k this weekend (kinda hilly, looks like decent temps but with an equally decent chance of rain), but so is the rest of the family. I think DW may end up dropping down to the 1 mile to push DD3 in the stroller while running with DD2. That leaves DD1 and myself doing the 5k. I'm not sure if DD1 will want to run the race by herself (it's a loop course in a park, and quite safe), in which case I'd finish the 5k then turn around to find her, or if we'll run it together. Or maybe I'd end up pushing DD3 in the stroller - at this level of race (and with the super-fast, competitive one across town the same day) I might could actually win while pushing the stroller. Of course if it rains I don't know that any of the rest of the family will be up for a run.
          All this to say that I might end up taking this as a bit of a down week. I'll probably do my LR Wednesday morning, then if I'm going to take a down week I'll probably cut out a few miles Friday, then not do much more than the 5k and a warm-up/cool-down on Saturday.

Monday, Aug 19, 2019 thru Sunday, Aug 25, 2019

<tfoot> </tfoot>
          Day Miles Pace Description HR Link
          Mon 12.7 7:33 5x 1.2k + 3x 1.2k @ CP. 1:12 rec between intervals, 6 min between sets 154 (79%) strava
          Tue 10.5 8:20 2 deer (2 strides), and moonlit miles 134 (68%) strava
          Wed 11.1 8:25 5 deer (5 strides) 136 (69%) strava
          Thu 13.2 7:33 2x 15 min T + 10 min T. 3 minute recoveries. 144 (73%) strava
          Fri 11.1 8:09 1 owl and watching the thunderstorm on the horizon getting closer 134 (68%) strava
          Sat 17.3 8:03 Remington, without the hills this time 134 (68%) strava
            75.9 7:58

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

keen is rain going to melt the family? 76 miles last week?!??! DAMN! What's the hold up on NOT registering for Dallas? I say this as someone who earned the right to pay an additional $100-125 to run a marathon for watining, and now CIM is $275 for charity entries instead of the $160 it was probably a month ago. Glad I signed up when it was $100.

IT WORKS!!!! I don't know how, or why, but it finally works.

My Week: Goal was 60 but weekend events kind of postponed that. I actually thought I was closer after my long run on Saturday which felt good. speed work cut short because I didn't think I had it, but I did, and M paced run canceled on Thursday due to running M EFFORT on Monday (before speed work). Only one TRX due to Thursday activities taking time away from it. I think it was dinner with the family.

Weekly Summary
            Monday, Aug 19, 2019 thru Sunday, Aug 25, 2019

<tfoot> </tfoot>
            Day Miles Pace Description Link
            Mon 8.4 7:34 That time all good runs end with food. strava
            Tue 6.7 8:39 That time the beatings will continue until moral improves. strava
            Tue 0.5 25:01 TRX 3x10. strava
            Wed 7.4 8:13 That time there are never enough volunteers. strava
            Thu 6.0 8:27 That time you run until you can't think anymore. strava
            Thu 5.6 11:40 That time I learned something new. strava
            Fri 0.3 9:12 That time they’re all like ‘⛰’ and I’m all like ‘❄️’ strava
            Fri 4.2 8:37 That time no one ever says they’re going to ‘walk errands’ strava
            Sat 14.6 8:11 That time I was like ‘FOURTEEN! 🤘🏼’ and they’re all like ‘🖕’ strava
            Sun 2.8 8:37 That time it’s more than a street sign. strava
              56.5 8:44    

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Brew - Nice week. Wasn't the original goal "just" 50 miles?
              I doubt the girls would melt in the rain, but they likely wouldn't have as much fun with it as I would. Maybe I'm not signing up for Dallas yet because it sounds at least twice as impressive to say "I'm running 70+ mpw training for a half" than to say I'm training that much for a full. 

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

keen I'd have to look back and see what the goal was. I thought it was 60 at some point (wednedsay?) but maybe 50 was correct and I just forgot, set a goal halfway through the week and aimed high.

Just don't tell people you're training for a full. Problem solved. Even Ultrasignup took away the "Entrants" link to see who is in a race. Now I can't tell when max is racing anymore.

VDOT 53.37 

Speed Surplus

Quick drop-off of my week. Took longer than expected to recover from that trail race.

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                  Day Miles Pace Duration Description HR Egain Link
                  Mon 2.0 10:49 0:21 Not sure I could have managed much more even without kids. Still recovering from race 107 0 strava
                  Tue 4.2 8:32 0:36 Recovery feels nice on the track 135 97 strava
                  Wed 3.2 8:48 0:28 Everything still hurts 127 131 strava
                  Fri 5.0 8:30 0:42 River run. Good mountain air... 136 203 strava
                  Sat 6.3 7:58 0:49 Back on the track and cruising 143 96 strava
                  Sun 9.4 8:19 1:18 Trying to salvage the week 140 239 strava
                    30.1 8:32 4:17     766

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

pepperjack

pie man

What happened after mile 13.1? Lightning hit the transmitter?

https://results.rmraces.live/santa-rosa-marathon/events/2019/santa-rosa-marathon/962/entrant?share=1

Feeling a little better. Still tight on the left hamstring. But did do a flat field day today so probably 4-5 miles. Didn’t really notice the medal too much, it does spin. Only medal I ever cared about is flying pig. Somehow also the heaviest. Beer was fine. Small taster glass so I had 6 or 8 different things.

Naturally my spot for euchre bar massacre came up today (not the 100k). I accepted.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Since I'm bored....and Septembrer is coming

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=9518728

Boston cutoff predictions. They range from "all qualifiers will get in" to 3 minutes and twenty seconds. My favorite response is "I waste no energy or time even thinking about this because it's not something I can control at all. " by "Old Man Runner". 

VDOT 53.37 

berylrunner

Rick

A decent week of 48 miles.  A couple of workouts and some heat running.  The long run is still not happening.   Maybe this week.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I have absolutely NO idea what the Boston cut-off will be.  Very interesting to see.

My week (belated):

59 miles, 16 "miles" of pool-running, and 2000 yards of swimming
                          M: Yoga and 8.5 "miles" of pool-running
                          T: 12 miles, including a track workout of 1600, 1200, 2x800, and then 4x200. Split 6:11, 4:31, 2:55, 2:51, and then 41, 41, 41, 39. 4:57 recovery after 1600, 2:53 after the 1200, and 2:44 between the 800s. Full recovery betwen the 200s. Also leg strengthwork and 1450 yards recovery swimming.
                          W: 4.5 miles very easy (9:12), core and DIY yoga, and 5.5 miles very easy (8:38) plus drills and four hill sprints
                          Th: Light upperbody weights, DIY yoga and 7.5 "miles" pool-running.
                          F: In the morning, 3 mile shakeout (9:53), then travel to Flint, MI. In the evening, 4.5 miles warm-up, 1 mile in 5:38, .5 cooldown, travel home.
                          Sa: 7 miles very easy (8:56), upper body weights/core, and then 5 miles very easy (8:48) plus some drills (no strides).
                          Su: 15 miles progressive, split as first 5 averaging 8:35, next 5 averaging 7:19; last 6 averaging 6:48, plus a one mile cooldown jog. Followed with injury prevention work and 550 yards recovery swimming.

Race report for my road mile here.

/post and run

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pj - congrats. Maybe a short RR?

dw - flying to Flint to race a mile?  You're a kook.

my past 2 weeks:

lots of travel (including a cruise ship to Alaske):

about 35mi/week of easy treadmill.

I'm trying to gauge my mile pace/effort, which is difficult, as I haven't raced any distance in a coon's age...

Hey to all y'all!

mattw4jc

DW - Nice mile race across the country. Way to swoop in and out.

Brew - shall I wake you up when September ends?

Good weeks to all sharing.

I had an okay week last week. I'm still not too motivated, especially when it comes to any kind of speedwork. I went to the track one day, but ended up only doing some half-hearted strides.

Saturday's run was more interesting / challenging. I joined who was doing 16 miles with some faster stuff in the second half. Plan was 8 miles easy, 3 @ 7:50, 1 rest, 2 @ 7:15, 1 rest, 1 @ 6:45. We ended up fast for the first 3, probably 7:30s. Then for the 2 it was a flat/downhill mile followed by an uphill mile. I had a 7:10 and 7:34. Last mile was 6:50 for me. Others fared a bit better. It was a good workout.

I used to have the Strava digest deal bookmarked, but it disappeared. Anyone?

M - rest
                              T - 7 easy with some strides
                              W - 10 easy
                              T - 8 easy on smooth trails
                              F - 6 easy
                              S - 16 with some faster miles
                              S - 8 easy

Total = 55

Oh, and I guess the 105 miles of bike commuting counts for something. Friday afternoon had a sprint finish as the skies unleashed a downpour when I was one quarter mile from home.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

DWave - Nice mile and RR. Kind of a long walk for a short drink of water!

Rovatti - Where all did you go on the Alaskan cruise? Did you get off the ship to hike any glaciers or anything?

Matt - Nice week. Here you go: http://rwol-weekly.appspot.com/weekly/

Botswana cutoff - I predict no less than BQ -48 seconds. 

Upcoming Races: