2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Well, I've done did it. I'm going to run Dallas.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

pepperjack

pie man

Woohoo.  I liked that one.  Only concern would be if it gets icy but that was one freak year.

Brew.  Any parkruns in Reno or something?  I have the urge to race something before euchre bar.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

From the Internet.

WHEE wrapped up my last long run - 23 miles at 8:26 avg, first 13 or so nice and easy chatting with friends, gradually bumping up to moderate effort over the last 10 solo miles. Finished strong, great confidence boost, thrilled to be TAPERING WOOOOO!

berylrunner

Rick

Nice job Lauren.  Your training has been impressive.

Welcome Wing.  I can't add much, but I got to sub 3:20 with high mileage, daily running, and interval workouts.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

kcam

Ahh, the work is done!  What a great feeling, Lauren.  Good luck.

OMR

Lauren:  That’s a nice LR to cap off a great cycle.  And the cat in your avatar looks a little like mine... Enjoy the taper!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Lauren - congrats and enjoy the taper.  I hate to ask this, but refresh me on your goal race?

My week:

60 miles, 30 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards of swimming
                M: Upper body weights/core, and 12 "miles" of pool-running.
                T: 7.5 miles very easy (8:58), yoga, and then 5 miles very easy (8:41) plus drills/strides
                W: 14 miles, including an 8K tempo on the track in 32:02, with 1600 splits of 6:28/6:24/6:29/6:25/6:16). Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.
                Th: Upper body weights/core, and 12 "miles" of pool-running.
                F: 8 miles very easy (9:01), yoga, then 4.5 miles very easy (8:26) plus drills and strides.
                Sa: 21 miles progressive, split as first 7 averaging 8:44, next 7 averaging 7:36, last 7 averaging 6:51. Followed with injury prevention work and 500 yards recovery swimming.
                Su: yoga and 6 "miles" of pool-running.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

Actually caught a bit of the race this morning on replay.  Pretty wild.  As it stands 7 of the 10 fastest marathoners off all time have run their best times in the last 12 months.  The top 5 times ever run have all occurred in the last 12 months.

That’s...something.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

As it stands 7 of the 10 fastest marathoners off all time have run their best times in the last 12 months.  The top 5 times ever run have all occurred in the last 12 months.  That’s...something.

Did Bekele wear VF-like shoes today?

cinnamon girl

Actually caught a bit of the race this morning on replay.  Pretty wild.  As it stands 7 of the 10 fastest marathoners off all time have run their best times in the last 12 months.  The top 5 times ever run have all occurred in the last 12 months.

That’s...something.

That top 5 have all been in those shoes. People haven't made the strides (pun intended) It's the technology they are using. That's the something.

cinnamon girl

Oh sorry thought this was the other thread. On my phone without spectacles. Dangerous.

kcam

Did Bekele wear VF-like shoes today?

Of course he did.  Still, amazing.  Just three more seconds and he would be the current WR holder at 5,000, 10,000 and Marathon!

cinnamon slumming?  Welcome!

I'm waiting for a BIG performance in normal shoes (without carbon spring plates)...  mucks up the record books IMO.

From the Internet.

Thanks folks! Dwave - goal race is Baystate Marathon on 10/20!

So last week was a "cutback" in terms of intensity but mileage still ended up at 70 after some recovery jogging yesterday, which makes 6 weeks in a row at or over 70 and 8 total within this build. One workout (that tempo on Tues, 5 miles at 6:52 average), the long run, and the rest all easy miles, no individual run over 8 miles, 2 days with a short double (just 20ish min to shake out the legs). Previous tapers coming off similar peak mileage have had me doing like 60 miles first taper week, 50 second taper week, 28ish leading up to race day, I'll probably stick to a similar drop for the first week but may play around with running a bit less the second week and race week, see if that gets me feeling a little more fresh on race day.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

PJ - So you're doing Euchre Bar Massacre with Max this year? I remember reading his last RR on that... Best of luck to you!
                                I agree regarding all those fast times being stacked up lately. It sure is something.

Lauren - Great LR! Enjoy the taper, so much as a taper can be enjoyed. You seem to have had a really good cycle this go-round (to use the country boy/rodeo term). Baystate is a pretty quick course, right?

DWave - Solid week, as per usual.

My biggest week of the year so far, but with only one hard workout. This will be a down week in mileage for me (last ten week avg 76mi), with the easiest days weighted towards the end of the week ahead of my race.
                                I took a short nap Sunday and woke up with a bit of tightness to the front of my left hip that certainly wasn't there prior to said nap. No pain or anything, but my walking gait feels a bit constrained. Running felt just fine this morning, though - no hint of the tightness at all. Hopefully that goes away soon.

Weekly Summary
                                Monday, Sep 23, 2019 thru Sunday, Sep 29, 2019

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                                Day Miles Pace Description HR Link
                                Mon 15.1 7:44 8E, 3x 10min T 139 (71%) strava
                                Tue 10.5 8:24 Of course the lightning moves off after I commit to the treadmill - Yorkshire 132 (67%) strava
                                Wed 11.2 8:13 2 owls and lightning way off to the north 134 (68%) strava
                                Thu 16.1 8:13 1 owl and lightning to both the north and east 140 (71%) strava
                                Fri 10.1 8:24 2 shooting stars and just a sliver of the moon rising 139 (71%) strava
                                Sat 4.0 7:38 What is it about the XC course that makes me run faster than I should? 152 (78%) strava
                                Sun 20.7 8:30 2 hawks, 1 Mississippi kite, and the OCU XC team 140 (71%) strava
                                  87.7 8:13      

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4