Counterfeit Bibs (Read 459 times)

xhristopher

Go ahead and discuss.

I'm gonna grab some popcorn and let y'all go at it.

Neither the correct runner.

Two 28252s, both fake

ARGO on the arm? It was an ok movie but...

Bandits sure do like hardware.

It's interesting that these are completely different runners and bib numbers than in the story that broke yesterday about the 4 runners who had counterfeit numbers.

xhristopher

It's interesting that these are completely different runners and bib numbers than in the story that broke yesterday about the 4 runners who had counterfeit numbers.

Found them on my own. I couldn't sleep and was bored. This was an interesting challenge. I found more but left it at that. No doubt this the tip of the iceberg.

Here's another interesting story: http://www.wcvb.com/news/fake-bibs-being-probed-by-boston-marathon-organizers/25650754#!FRu3Z

You can let her know if you approve or not via twitter @chelsa

L Train

This sucks.

running metalhead

Just imagine that somebody with a counterfiet number runs a better time than the legitimate bearer... the latter would earn the bragging rights, LOL.

Not going to happen as I assume that these numbers have no chip on them.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
            - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
            - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
            - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
            - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
            - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

I just like that "proof" has a double meaning on these photos.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

xhristopher

I just like that "proof" has a double meaning on these photos.

And don't miss the irony that I stole these photos for this post.

"Throoooow another loooooog on the fiiiiiiiire...."   (You're welcome).  Be glad there is no audio to my post.  :-)

Friend of mine who ran Boston last year + this year posted this photo on her facebook.     Ironically this is the last 5 of my SSN, but I assure you I had nothing to do with this!    ---  I'm guessing the most that would happen is they would be banned from any future Boston Marathons.   I imagine the public shame they receive from friends and colleagues will be much worse.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xhristopher

Pretty sure the one on the bottom right is Lauren.

Note to fakers:  If you are going to sneak your way in, be wise enough to cover up a couple of the numbers on your fake bib.

TripleBock

I suppose it is not that hard to do

The 2 guys in your pictures are together - So I would guess these 2 were created together - Did they act independently or did they purchase from a bigger counterfiter?

But hell we can print "Guns", we can surely print fake Boston Bibs -

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

delicate flower

Not sure what annoys me more, the banditing or the chick with her face buried in her phone.  And if I ever BQ, there is no chance I'll wear headphones in that race.

<3

TripleBock

The founder of FOURSQUARE - Who proves that some rich think that anything is OK - Hell why raise money for charity when you can just print one.

Personally I would press charges on each fake bib bandit ... they have broken the bandit code of ethics ... you bandit proudly and openly bibless!

Not sure what annoys me more, the banditing or the chick with her face buried in her phone.  And if I ever BQ, there is no chance I'll wear headphones in that race.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

I'll never BQ, and I'm not paying 5K to run it (and I'm not going to bandit it), so I'll never run at Boston.  I agree though, if I was ever there, I certainly would not have a phone or Ipod and "tuning out" the entirety of the race.    

Thats about as bad as a US Navy Sailor going to a great overseas port for a once in a lifetime stop, but getting so drunk at the first bar he saw one block inland, he forgot the entirety of the visit!    (I plead the 5th on that last occurrence...)

xhristopher

The founder of FOURSQUARE - Who proves that some rich think that anything is OK - Hell why raise money for charity when you can just print one.

Personally I would press charges on each fake bib bandit ... they have broken the bandit code of ethics ... you bandit proudly and openly bibless!

Wonder if she took a medal with him? Perhaps a sizable donation to the OneFund would serve as penance.