Sub 1:30 Half Marathon in 2020 (Read 618 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Thanks guys for the info on AT, especially longboat. I will keep up with these eccentric drops, and I'll add some heating in. Your point about first steps in the morning are so true: by far the most painful of the day. I'm hobbling around for the first couple of minutes! Hopefully I'll be able to knock this thing out in a few weeks (I know a few days ain't happening)

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Thanks guys for the info on AT, especially longboat. I will keep up with these eccentric drops, and I'll add some heating in. Your point about first steps in the morning are so true: by far the most painful of the day. I'm hobbling around for the first couple of minutes! Hopefully I'll be able to knock this thing out in a few weeks (I know a few days ain't happening)

Hopefully you are too young to have a heel spur....my discomfort is the spur rubbing against the tendon which doesn’t always mean that it’s in the exact same spot. I’m only throwing it out there as we’ve both had Posterior Tibial Tendonitis and my physio thinks I developed the spur because of the weakened ankle which I never fully recovered from.

Anyway, belated congrats on your 5k TT....I just checked Strava and was pleased to see that your moving time matches your elapsed time. Top man! 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Ugh you know I dealt with PTT last year, I sure hope this isn't the case. It's relatively mild right now and hasn't gotten worse in the last week, so I think that's a good sign. Plus, I'm pretty much training as intensely as I plan on for the rest of 2020, so hopefully this is it.

And thanks for the congrats: gotta keep up the hard TT efforts in prep for the Boston 2021 race that isn't happening 

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Anyway, belated congrats on your 5k TT....I just checked Strava and was pleased to see that your moving time matches your elapsed time. Top man! 👍

Good on you for checking Mikkey, Jmac is such a cheater 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

watsonc123

Saturday forecast is looking good

15 degree Celsius

Sunny

9 km per hour southerly

PRs: 5km 18:43 (Dec 2015), 10km 39:59 (Sep 2020), half 1:26:16 (Sep 2016), full 3:09:28 (Jun 2015)

40+ PRs: 5km 19:31 (Oct 2020), 10km 39:59 (Sep 2020), half 1:29:39 (Jun 2018), full 3:13:55 (Sep 2022)

2023 PRs (hope to beat in 2024): 5km 20:34, 10km 41:37, half 1:32:32, full 3:21:05

2024 PRs: 5km 20:25

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Good on you for checking Mikkey, Jmac is such a cheater 

You would be surprised at the amount of people who pause their watches during virtual races. JMac doesn’t wear a watch that shows HR data......so there’s always going to be that doubt in my mind on whether he actually ran it or biked it. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

zebano

You would be surprised at the amount of people who pause their watches during virtual races. JMac doesn’t wear a watch that shows HR data......so there’s always going to be that doubt in my mind on whether he actually ran it or biked it. 

I haven't looked at his strava, but cadence is another spot data point that will show wonky when people bike. I had a local lady upload an airline flight  one time as a run (labeled as an airplane trip). She thought it was fun, everyone who lost their crowns were not amused.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

JMac - I think I missed saying congrats on the TT, so... congratulations! Hope you get the AT (or whatever else it might be) fixed soon.

Running continues to get a bit better for me, though this morning my hip/back does seem a tad more "compressed" or "hitched" than I'd like. Chiro appointment later to help with that. 

National "news" happened just a few miles down from me last night. I stepped outside after sunset and noticed that it was unusually bright, owing to a single orange/red colored cloud. I went outside the front door and from there could see the glow from a large fire and heard sirens of fire engines. At first I thought it was the new addition to the high school, then perhaps the neighborhood just on the other side of the school. Nope - a 12 inch / 30.5cm high-pressure gas line had somehow ruptured and exploded about 5 miles north of my house (very rural area, no injuries or evacuations). There's an entire 10m section of road that simply ceased to exist when this happened, electrical poles and lines were destroyed so there are outages in the area that will likely last days at least, and I've heard reports of the fire being visible from more than 20 mi / 32k away. I could still smell burning hay this morning during my run, so there are likely some bales still smoldering.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

zebano

Running continues to get a bit better for me, though this morning my hip/back does seem a tad more "compressed" or "hitched" than I'd like. Chiro appointment later to help with that. 

Nope - a 12 inch / 30.5cm high-pressure gas line had somehow ruptured and exploded about 5 miles north of my house (very rural area, no injuries or evacuations).

OUff-da this is starting to feel like injury central I hope the Chiro takes care of you.

Are you sure that wasn't an exploding tree? I've heard they do that after being on the ground for awhile =) In all seriousness, I'm glad no one was hurt, that's scary.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I could still smell burning hay this morning during my run

We live in such different worlds.

Zebano - I actually think that's hilarious. If I had a crown, I'd tip my hat to this woman. It's bizarre how protective people are of these crowns, especially the short ones.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

We live in such different worlds.

Indeed. There's some morbid curiosity in me that says we should arrange to trade places for a week. Maybe even film it to make a documentary. Or a comedy.

My back/hips feel MUCH better after the visit to the chiro. Interesting how I feel the issue on my left side, but getting things aligned on the right side is what really made it feel better. 
                        The chiro's office is more in-line with the wind than my house (by about a mile) and the burning hay smell is much stronger there.

Decent aerial picture of the blast/fire damage. The crater is on the north side of the intersection, the "best" place for it to be since there's really nothing further north. Had it been on the south side of the intersection it would have caused much more trouble for traffic. Power poles look like burned matchsticks...

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Marky_Mark_17

Funny, I actually saw Johan yesterday in person - he was on the other side of the road when I was out running.  He gave me a dirty look.  I ignored it and kept running.

JMac - my PTT niggles are still hanging around but they're survivable for 3.5 more weeks.

Keen - holy crap!  I hope no one was hurt.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Mark that wasn't a dirty look it was a guilty look 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Funny, I actually saw Johan yesterday in person - he was on the other side of the road when I was out running.  He gave me a dirty look.  I ignored it and kept running.

Sorry can someone remind me what this was about? not keeping up with the latest NZ cheaters 

He and Mark were battling over a segment. He came back and stole it with a dodgy performance/heartrate for a runner well below Mark's caliber.

Sorry can someone remind me what this was about? not keeping up with the latest NZ cheaters