Where do I go from here? (Read 1322 times)

Nads, you could spend the weekend using the many tanning beds that are found in NJ.

Please tell me her name is Penny.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

A Saucy Wench

That's IT.

Every time I see this thread I get that damn Madonna/Evita song stuck in my head.  Please kill me.  Or this thread.  Or maybe I could fry to death like ms. Patricia.  (Sorry cliff, its Patty, not Penny)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I get Guns N Roses stuck in my head.

Where do we go.

Where do we go now.

Where do we go.

Where do we go.

Oh where do we go now.

I, I , I, I, I, I, I, I

Where do we go now.

Etc.

Go Axl.

I get Guns N Roses stuck in my head.

Where do we go.

Where do we go now.

Where do we go.

Where do we go.

Oh where do we go now.

I, I , I, I, I, I, I, I

Where do we go now.

Etc.

Go Axl.

Well, dangit. Now it's stuck in my head, too.
          npaden

Npaden, I agree that 25 miles per week should be sufficient to maintain your fitness, I also think that you should be careful about what you eat as I have always found that gaining unwanted weight is the number 1 thing that might affect your fitness for all the climbing you will be doing.

More importantly, best of luck with your goat hunt.  I myself am an avid deer hunter. I have hiked and run many hundreds  of miles (if not thousands, I didn't keep a log back then) in the woods of New England, North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia and I have never had the encounters with various wild life as a hiker or runner that I have had as a deer (or bear) hunter.  Non hunters can never seem to understand this.

Nice elk by the way. 

Thanks for the input.  That is actually one of my short term goals.  I would like to be down to 205 by the end of the year and try to keep it there.

I really feel that running is probably the only way I will be able to keep the weight off long term.  I've done Atkins before and got all the way down to 200, but for about a blink of an eye and then crept back up all the way to over 240 over 5 or 6 years once I went off the diet. 

This time around I really haven't put myself on a diet at all, just a little smarter about what I eat overall, and have been steadily losing weight over the last 6 or 7 months.  Would like to have the rest off by the end of the summer.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

All a bit Haircut 100 and Love Plus One for me:

Where does it go from here?

Is it down to the lake I fear?

Ay, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Ay, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

With the lyrics perhaps unintentionally symbolising all the critter's concerns around visiting their nearest watering-hole (for fear of those licence-carrying gun-toters)?  Then again, perhaps not...

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Now.  Speaking of running trails during hunting season...

I live in an area where a few years back, a lady was shot on a wide, well marked trail by a 14 year old boy (with no adults anywhere) who thought she was a bear.  YIKES.  This is incredibly rare, thankfully, but still.  I run in very bright clothes usually.

This may make me more visible to hunters. I hope.  The side effect is that it seems to piss off bees and hornets.  Yay.

Here in NJ, in the fall, we tend to stay out of the forests on Saturday.  Visible or not.  Sunday, if hunters obey the law, are pretty much OK.

Jeff

Brief conversation over the din of several rifle cracks echoing down the valley on my run yesterday as I passed a pair running in the opposite direction...."They shooting at you or us?" "I don't man, but I figure it's time to pick up the pace"

Always good when you can laugh off the threat of speeding hot lead.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes