Black Running Shoes (Read 1373 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I recently purchased my 4th pair of GT 2130's and DW urged me to get a new color. I ended up with these...they make me look slower than I really am. I feel like such a dork running in them. Payton Manning wears black shoes and looks slow as hell. Anyone else run in black shoes?
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      I have some trail shoes that are almost black. New Balance 790s. They're dark grey, black, and orange. Pretty ugly according to my wife, but I like them. Tongue
        I recently purchased my 4th pair of GT 2130's and DW urged me to get a new color. I ended up with these...they make me look slower than I really am. I feel like such a dork running in them. Payton Manning wears black shoes and looks slow as hell. Anyone else run in black shoes?
        Black running shoes look weird. Sorry, that's shallow, but I'd never buy them, or wear them even if free. Well, maybe if I was running in a tux. Somehow, the NBs manage to look cool.
        JakeKnight

Speaking of dorks ... in the event there's a year-end dorkiest post of 2008 competition, can somebody bookmark this one for me? Thanks. Carry on. Let me know when we get to the colors of sports bras. That's worth tuning in for.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

C-R

What color would match garlic? Now that could make for a road runner type cloud. Meep Meep! Jake - Brandi Chastain is discussing sports bras on the soccer forum. Hurry you might just get ther in time.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Any color is less dorky than white. Why is it that the standard color of most running shoes is white? They look too pristine and noobish new, then after a single mud puddle they look like crap. White shoes are never attractive in any state.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm still a newb around these parts but I've learned two things. (1) JK needs to post more. (2) If you put the word 'shoes' in the title ZZ will post within an hour.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

I wish I knew how to paste pictures. My favorite pair are traffic cone orange with sparkles in the laces. Entirely different kind of dork feeling. Especially when I forget what I'm doing and toss the bright yellow shirt into the training bag. Enjoy your black shoes. Larry Bird was fast, right? Wait, McHale? Ainge? Nevermind. http://www.mizunousa.com/images/product/410265_XL.jpg
                  JakeKnight

(2) If you put the word 'shoes' in the title ZZ will post within an hour.
                    A whole hour? Careful. Don't underestimate the power of the dork side.

#artbydmcbride

Speaking of dorks ... in the event there's a year-end dorkiest post of 2008 competition, can somebody bookmark this one for me? Thanks. Carry on. Let me know when we get to the colors of sports bras. That's worth tuning in for.
                      On that topic, I have to endorse white for a sports bra, it is cooler and your nipples show more distinctly.

Runners run

JakeKnight

On that topic, I have to endorse white for a sports bra, it is cooler and your nipples show more distinctly.
                        (Insert picture of me clapping respectfully, perhaps tossing a few flowers on stage) Well played. You win.

I've learned something else. (3) If you say 'nipple' in a thread it takes JK five minutes to respond.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

JakeKnight

I've learned something else. (3) If you say 'nipple' in a thread it takes JK five minutes to respond.
                            Again, gross underestimation. I responded in 30 seconds, spent 4 minutes typing. And in my defense, if you or Scout talk about your nipples, it may take me significantly longer to respond. It's just not the same.

ymmv

i just got those same shoes in the same color. i like them, but i'm neither fast, nor cool. ...but i run.
                              ymmv

and check this out. its a kayano 14 in black from the amazon.co.uk site.