Jack Dowling 13.1 Mile LI Half-Marathon Tune Up (Read 396 times)

I was really thinking about going to Manhattan and running in that 4 mile race, Race as One Chase, but I decided I would do Long Island RRC race instead. I had not done a half marathon since August of 2006--if I'm ever going to survice the marathon in November I've got to get some long runs in. The race took place in Eisenhower Park. I find it amazing the way no matter in which direction you run in Eisenhower park, the wind is always blowing in your face. There were only 45 runners in this race, compared to the thousands in Central Park. The race started at 9:00 am I came in 40th place at 2:08:33 and 9th in my age group out of 10 runners. (Well, I did improve 6 seconds over my last half marathon). Undecided Boring Statistics Section: My 145th Lifetime race and 27th at the half marathon distance. My second race of the year--no january or february races, I was hurtin"! Funny stuff: One of the guys rubbed on some mineral ice and the women were commenting that the smell turned them on! Shocked
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      Correction: make that 2:08:23. This puts me 16 seconds ahead of New York Half Marathon.
      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
        After the race, I posed for this picture: I was still feeling warm despite the chilly wind and cool temps. I was standing by the finish and most of the runners had already finished.