Overnight Shipping...? (Read 858 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ever wanted/needed some piece of running gear so badly that you were willing to pay extra to ship it? I drove and called all over to find a particular shoe in wide width and no one in a one hour radius had it...but I found it online for ~$25 cheaper than all the local retail stores had it, anyhow. Overnighting for $28...hope to do a few shorter runs before my longest run ever a week from this Tues. Time to get back to long runs that don't hurt after 5-6 miles, baby! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yea! I bet it's totally worth the overnight shipping, and I hope they get you back in your groove, baby!! *said in an Austin Powers-type voice* Big grin

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

If you want something bad enough, sure it's worth the extra. Smile Besides, just think of the money you spent on the gas and then on top of that they were 25 dollars cheaper certainly pays for the price of the overnight. How long is your run going to be? Karen
        What a beautiful time of the year in New England
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

So what shoe were you looking for? Tongue Glad you found it!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How long is your run going to be? Karen
            My long run this coming week will be 11 (scale-back week), then 17 the following week. My last couple of 15 milers blew. I'm hoping a change in shoe makes a difference. *fingers-crossed* Meg, I ordered the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4. Should be a level more stable than what I currently wear as my primary shoe. I have never worn Mizunos before, but they have reputation for having snug heels, which is what I have found elusive in most shoes I have tried on. Plus they are fairly flexible, at least compared to most other moderate stability shoes. Shoes that are too stiff might help my knee issues, but then I exchange the knee stuff for arch pain...out of the frying pain, into the fire, so to speak. I wasn't able to try on any Inspires, but I did try on the similar Nirvana. Very nice shoe and great fit. Hopefully the Inspires fit similarly. I ordered 2 sizes and will send back whichever one doesn't fit as well. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

I ran exclusively in the Mizuno Inspires for a couple of years. Then I went to the Asics DS Trainers. I liked them but they haven't provided enough stability for everyday training so after 400+ miles I'm going back to the Inspires. They are a good shoe. I think you'll like them. They do have a good fit in the heel. Some of my longer runs in them I felt like they could use more forefoot cushioning, but I think I got over that opinion as my conditioning improved.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran exclusively in the Mizuno Inspires for a couple of years. Then I went to the Asics DS Trainers. I liked them but they haven't provided enough stability for everyday training so after 400+ miles I'm going back to the Inspires. They are a good shoe. I think you'll like them. They do have a good fit in the heel. Some of my longer runs in them I felt like they could use more forefoot cushioning, but I think I got over that opinion as my conditioning improved.
                Oh, that is REALLY great to hear! My standard shoe for about the past 9 months or so has been the NB equivalent of the DS Trainer...like you, I have found that as my mileage has increased it's not enough shoe. Sounds like the Inspire is just what I need. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Phew, good thing I ordered the 8s and the 8.5s. The 8s are definitely too short. Nice shoe, I think I'm really going to like them. I may put in a pair of my favorite insoles, as the Mizuno ones are cheesy and flimsy, just like the standard NB ones. k

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Hope this is the shoe of your dreams - you deserve a great long run. Good luck with them!
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run

Are you a Good Person?

Everytime I spring for the overnight shipping I get burned. They promise overnight and then you find out it's on backorder or it gets to me in 3 days instead of the 5 for free, etc.
                      Abortion Kills
                        I haven't paid overnight shipping for any running gear, but I have gone to the running store to get some goodies that cost twice as much as I could have obtained the for online.

Vim

Imminent Catastrophe

Maybe I'm missing something here. It cost you $25 less but you paid $28 for overnight shipping? I'm no math whiz but could you have lived with two-day shipping and actually saved some money? Not criticizing, just wondering Smile

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe I'm missing something here. It cost you $25 less but you paid $28 for overnight shipping? I'm no math whiz but could you have lived with two-day shipping and actually saved some money? Not criticizing, just wondering Smile
                            Nah, I was desperate to have them and be able to get a short run or two in before wearing them on a long run...after 3 months of dealing with chronic right knee shit and contemplating bailing on my marathon (knee issues started 2 weeks before training started, but after I'd already registered--gah) one starts to resort to crazy stuff in the hopes of any resolution. The shoes definitely did help the knee, but my feet HATE how stiff all moderate stability shoes apparently are (knee happy, peroneal tendons not so much). So I ended up with the solution that I should have tried MONTHS ago...Superfeet insoles in my favorite shoes. Did 17 miles on Tues.. Longest run ever and first long run in a couple of months that didn't have me nearly in tears. Sheesh. I'm still annoyed that none of the running store peeps suggested I try an OTC orthotic (especially when they carry them...I seriously think they were trying to unload whatever shoes they had to make room for new Fall colors and models, since they kept handing me shoes that were WAY too narrow and telling me that wide shoes have wide heels, which isn't true to the best of my knowledge) especially after I told them how much I love my existing shoes and what a tough time I have finding shoes that work for me and what the issues are. I'm starting to believe that I'm better off doing my own experimenting, since the 3 times since I started running that I have driven the hour to the running store I've ended up in shoes that didn't work or no shoes at all.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Nah, I was desperate to have them and be able to get a short run or two in before wearing them on a long run...after 3 months of dealing with chronic right knee shit and contemplating bailing on my marathon (knee issues started 2 weeks before training started, but after I'd already registered--gah) one starts to resort to crazy stuff in the hopes of any resolution. ...
                              OK, that makes sense, I can relate. I'm glad you seem to be zeroing in on the problem, I hope the inserts work. I've been using them for a couple years and they're great, the stock liners that come with running shoes are pretty much universally awful.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

the stock liners that come with running shoes are pretty much universally awful.
                                Yeah, I had been adding Sof Sole insoles (either Athlete or Arch models depending upon shoe) to all of my shoes, but they don't add any sort of stability, just better fit and cushion. The Superfeets seem to be giving me just the increase in stability I need, without sacrificing forefoot flexibility...so my feet are happy AND my knees. I hope I can see the end of the knee crap by the end of the month.

~ Sarah Kay