Indianapolis 1/2 Marathon RR -PR! (Read 499 times)

See CarmelRunner's report for a great report of the weather, crowd, course and general feel of the day... I just wanted to say I was 48 seconds within my goal time and beat my former PR just 5 months ago by 5 minutes! 2:10:48 is the official chip time on the website. I wanted to hit 2:10, and could just kick myself for not hitting it a little harder the last mile (I had no idea how close I was, I thought I was coming in at 2:12-I figured I had already missed my goal, but knew I had a PR-so I just ran steady instead of really pushing the last mile). I think I was the happiest I had ever been after a race (and during a race, for that matter!)! Big grin

Prince of Fatness

Nothing wrong with a 5 minute PR. Congrats.

Not at it at all. 

Good job man, yeah racing is a blast!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

C-R

Well done! A great day for a race.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Well done! A great day for a race.
            CR-are you running the Monumental? Thanks everyone!
            C-R

Nope - have ND tickets on the 40 and taking kids. Seems like it might be a good run. You?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

great job knifey...awesome PR drop 5 min in 5 months.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Nope - have ND tickets on the 40 and taking kids. Seems like it might be a good run. You?
                  Yeah, I am going to run it, for fun, probably not race it!