I can run 500 Miles in one month! (Well...maybe...) (Read 2126 times)

TJoseph

I am a mathematician, but we do make mistakes.

When I was in high school pre-calculus I had a teacher that was mean spirited and not very popular.  I had gotten marked wrong on a question on an assignment.  I raised my hand and stated to the teacher that my Dad had reviewed the question with me and my answer was correct.  The teacher's snide response was "is your Dad a mathematician?".   It felt really good to respond to her that, yes, my Dad had a PhD in mathematics.  Unfortunately, my Dad had made a mistake and I had answered the question wrong so the high didn't last very long.

xor

Nice!

A Saucy Wench

Just so that you realize. 1 + 2 + ... + 31 = 31*32/2 = 496. So, you will have to throw in 4 more miles.

He's right it is actually 496....

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

He's right it is actually 496....but ummmmm thats 6 more miles. 

No, he meant that Blaine needs to run 4 more miles to get to 500 for the month.

xor

He's right it is actually 496....but ummmmm thats 6 more miles. 

I think that he meant that if 496 is the total, 4 more will be needed to hit 500.

Anyway, I got to 215 by 1/15. I can't imagine hitting 250 by 1/15 much less 500 by the end of the month. I suppose I could get to 430 by 1/30 and then run a 70 miler.  No.

Go Blaine, go!

A Saucy Wench

yeah I figured that out as soon as I walked away.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I think that he meant that if 496 is the total, 4 more will be needed to hit 500.

Anyway, I got to 215 by 1/15. I can't imagine hitting 250 by 1/15 much less 500 by the end of the month. I suppose I could get to 430 by 1/30 and then run a 70 miler.  No.

Go Blaine, go!

Well by 1/15 if you were to do that one more mile method you would only be up to 15*16/2 = 120, so you are doing better than the one more mile. I am going to be stoked when I break 100 miles in a month. I think I finally have figured out my injury issues, and hopefully will be able to continue to progress.

kopid905

Last 7 days are 196 miles? Good luck.
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Anyway, I got to 215 by 1/15. I can't imagine hitting 250 by 1/15 much less 500 by the end of the month.

Go Blaine, go!

I can't imagine doing next week, much less the one after Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I can't imagine doing next week, much less the one after Smile

Hell, I haven't even done the mileage he did in the first week.

I am a mathematician, but we do make mistakes. However, let me prove it to you.

Actually, I proved it to myself a day later, just haven't had a chance to come back and admit I was wrong...heheh.

Oh well, just means I'll be around 510 or 520 when I finish...

Thanks!

I'm still going, got 5 miles in this morning off a day pass at a gym to use their treadmill, I'm hoping the snowmobilers get out and pack down the 8 inches of snow we got over night so that it's easier going this evening. I don't trust the plows around here, even if they *did* start to slow down a little after killing a guy last year.

By the way, I don't have this week's contest up yet, but I'll get it up later today and it's going to be a good one.  Will link this afternoon...

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'm still trying to grasp the final week....... one word: hardcore.

Still the daily graph is looking really cool. Smile

I'm still trying to grasp the final week....... one word: hardcore.

Still the daily graph is looking really cool. Smile

Yeah, that graph has been amusing me something fierce for about a week now, heheh.

Last night was the first real tough run where I just had zero interest in running while I was actually out there running.  Thankfully, this morning was much better, and hopefully my lunch time run and my evening runs will both be fun too since they'll be nice and short (well, relatively, anyway...)

I just put the third contest up on the website, so if you want a free pair of recovery socks, all you need to do is leave a comment:

http://www.1moremileforsunshine.com/249/win-a-free-pair-of-recovery-socks

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Blane,

It makes for an interesting looking log...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Looking good R2. Keep it up! Your log is going to look pretty cool by the end of the month too lol