Complete femoral neck fracture (Read 77 times)

Evangelina

Hello,

thanks for adding me. The group was recommended to me and I hope to find some answers.

I had a ski accident on New Years eve and was diagnosed with a “complete femoral neck fracture” that required emergency surgery. I now have three large screws in my hip, holding the femoral neck and femoral head together.

I am only 44 and this kind of fracture is very rare for somebody my age. I don’t find any information from real people, telling of real experiences anywhere.

Did anybody ever have this and can tell me what the recovery was like? (I had two arthroscopic hip surgeries before but this is completely different.)

Any advise would be appreciated.

SMART Approach

Yeah a bit more rare but if you fall hard on your hip it can break at any age. Are you post menopausal? As long as you have no socket or joint damage, you should have a full recovery and do whatever you want to the rest of your life. Will probably take 8 weeks to heal. Then another 4 weeks of building strength and rehab. Be sure to eat enough protein. Good nutrition. Healthy doses of Vitamin D3, magnesium, Vit K2 and calcium only if you feel you are lacking in diet. Listen to your doc. Good luck.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Evangelina

Thanks for your reply. No I am not post menopausal. Thanks as well for your advise regarding diet and no worries, there is nobody who listens more to instructions from the doctor than I do. That’s why I had a great comeback from my previous hip surgeries too.