Possible error in metric altitude indication (Read 33 times)

running metalhead

I have just logged a 40km trail run on a small circuit up and down a single hill (it's surprisingly not boring). My intention is to "grind" the course to emulate a run with 1500m altitude gain (yes, we have these things here in the Netherlands).

The log in Garmin connect gives me 300m, the same in Strava 395m but here in Runninghead I get 1311m

I tried a conversion using the value of this site in meters as feet and converting into meters I get 399 which is close to what I see in Strava.

Is the conversion broken and returning feet instead of meters or is this value correct ? 

Thanks and regards!

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

eric :)

Hi Enric,

I'm not familiar with the terrain in your workout.  The RA generated elevation indicates there are huge climbs, which doesn't seem right from the satellite images alone.  My guess is the elevation data is inaccurate because the data came from NASA's shuttle radar.  It measures tree tops as oppose to the ground.  I do have a new elevation data set but haven't had the time to switch to it because it uses a different format.

eric Smile

running metalhead

Ah, OK.

I will then witch of the correction so that it takes Garmin's data. This should do the trick.

Pity, I was hoping that you told me the data was OK and it was Garmin's that were wrong :_( LOL.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
        - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
        - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
        - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
        - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
        - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)